Windows 10: change fonts to a darker fonts

Discus and support change fonts to a darker fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by artgoldy, Feb 27, 2020.

1. artgoldy Win User

change fonts to a darker fonts

need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this.

:)

artgoldy, Feb 27, 2020
  2. AídaRF Win User

Bigger, Darker Fonts

BIGGER, DARKER FONTS

Hola, hello, hi everyone... My first time here so a bit rough around the edges.

I need bigger, darker fonts. I don't use magnifier because it is too distracting and cumbersome to use.

I am willing to use custom scaling but the introductory paragraph on the custom scaling screen informs us it is not recommended, warning us about all sorts of (seemingly) insurmountable nightmarish problems we are likely to encounter.Right
    now have set custom scaling at 100. Barely legible. Perhaps if it were darker it would work for me.

I have not attempted a larger custom scaling setting (e.g., 125 or 150) for fear of precipitating doomsday as I interpret the warning mentioned above.

My specific questions/remarks are:

• Is there a way to get bigger, darker font without altering anything else like we were able to do on Windows 8?
    • Does custom scaling alter the way things are displayed when using browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox?
    • Any ideas, comments, suggestions, alternatives, or any whatevers will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Aída

AídaRF, Feb 27, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 27, 2020
  4. change fonts to a darker fonts

font slightly darker

i want the font to be slightly darker

GiancarloGuglielmino, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

change fonts to a darker fonts

1. change fonts to a darker fonts - Similar Threads - change fonts darker

2. Changing Fonts!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Fonts!: Hi, there are numerous posts on this subject so unclear which is the right one! I normally send emails from my Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app. I use my yahoo account in this app, if I change the font types, then more often than not people don't receive in that format! I have...
  3. Darker font need on windows desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Darker font need on windows desktop: I am having eye trouble, andneed a darker font under my icons on my desktup. how to I get that. I don't want the 'high contrast' black scrren. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/darker-font-need-on-windows-desktop/3ebfe999-d8a7-42db-8960-358aaf9b963c
  4. font changing

font changing: How can I change the implicit font only in a selected zone of a Windows document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-changing/02049229-c8ba-459b-b3d2-8bdff5e0ddfa
  5. change system font to a darker color

change system font to a darker color: my system font is so light I can barely see it. before windows 10 I had a nice dark font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-system-font-to-a-darker-color/32f20999-ded5-4204-b0b1-781ef0a65fb0
  6. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  7. Font change

Font change: I am having problems changing to another font. I don't know how to make all the text in that specific font and when I search how, the result is always outdated or that option isn't in the control panel. Can someone tell me how to switch my font so all of my text is that font?...
  8. Font change

Font change: I can't figure out how to change the font style and size. I get to the screen the lists and shows all the choices but how do I select the one I want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-change/535132a6-d4f7-4649-8bee-64ab8cda65b7
  9. Change the font.

Change the font.: Why can't I change my font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-the-font/84954f70-6bbc-4483-9276-c33a93080a04
  10. Change fonts

Change fonts: Hi, Where is the option to change the fonts for your icon, menu's etc... don't want to change size or colour just type. Thanks 14639