Windows 10: Change from black and white screen to colors

Discus and support Change from black and white screen to colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have vision problems while trying to get eyes in condition for surgery. I evidently changed something and my screen, even my colored photos and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SylviaStrahan, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Change from black and white screen to colors

I have vision problems while trying to get eyes in condition for surgery. I evidently changed something and my screen, even my colored photos and greeting cards, are all black and white. I have looked at color management and Theme change, but nothing I do seems to work.

:)

SylviaStrahan, Jun 17, 2021

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Tom-FL Win User
    NO color - only black and white

Today's date: 22 Jun 2018

Recently my Dell PC using Windows 10 changed to black and white. The desktop and every program now appears as black and white.

The ONLY time I see color is when the PC is turned on and the screen-saver is visible. As soon as I click log-on the screen goes back to black and white.

Please tell me if you know how to get my color back.

Thank you.

Tom-FL, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Change from black and white screen to colors

Black and white screen

Hello Benjamin,

There are a lot of possible causes why the screen of your computer turns into black/white. This may be an issue with your graphics driver, monitor (hardware) or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we recommend using the screen filter keyboard shortcut. Press
    Windows key + Ctrl + C
    to change the color filter.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Change from black and white screen to colors

1. Change from black and white screen to colors - Similar Threads - Change black white

2. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen black and white, it's not the color filters: I was trying to use the "windows + shift + S" shortcut to take a screen grab and paste it elsewhere. I hit the wrong key or keys, and my screen suddenly went black and white. At first I thought I must have hit "windows+ctrl+C" and turned on the color filters, but when I went...
  3. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen black and white, it's not the color filters: I was trying to use the "windows + shift + S" shortcut to take a screen grab and paste it elsewhere. I hit the wrong key or keys, and my screen suddenly went black and white. At first I thought I must have hit "windows+ctrl+C" and turned on the color filters, but when I went...
  4. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change screen background from black to white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change screen background from black to white: Somehow I got my display in dark mode black. How can I change it back to white? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-background-from-black-to-white/798e44ae-15f2-42af-8e67-237c303b96df
  6. Change screen background from black to white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change screen background from black to white: Somehow I got my display in dark mode black. How can I change it back to white? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-background-from-black-to-white/798e44ae-15f2-42af-8e67-237c303b96df
  7. Change screen background from black to white

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to change screen settings from black with white letters to white with black letters

How to change screen settings from black with white letters to white with black letters: How to change screen settings from black with white letters to white with black letters https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-settings-from-black-with/c85078fc-ec37-4257-bbbd-e411f9cf1575
  9. Screen black and white, but color filter is off

Screen black and white, but color filter is off: So my screen is black and white (grayscale) however the color filters are off. I had this problem happen before with the color filter. But this time is completely off. Is there another setting somewhere that does a similar thing?...
  10. On screen keyboard changed from black to white

On screen keyboard changed from black to white: My On screen keyboard has changed from black to white following an update this week. I hate it! How do I get my old keyboard back please. I have a Microsoft surface pro, bought February 2018....