Windows 10: Change from business PC network to home PC network

Discus and support Change from business PC network to home PC network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change from a Business PC network setup to a home PC (simple file sharing). My system says it's part of a business network which is incorrect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by btbisbee, Nov 29, 2019.

1. btbisbee Win User

Change from business PC network to home PC network

How do I change from a Business PC network setup to a home PC (simple file sharing). My system says it's part of a business network which is incorrect.

:)

btbisbee, Nov 29, 2019

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Darknova Win User

Networking

Yeah, I don't have a base station in my network. The router is controlled remotely over the LAN from any PC that is connected to the network.

Darknova, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Change from business PC network to home PC network - Similar Threads - Change business network

2. Unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro.: I am unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro. When I go to START, settings, System, About, Advanced System Settings, Computer Name Tab and the click the Network ID button. I get the option to Change from Business to Home ... BUT. Once you reboot,...
  3. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't change Network ID to Home from Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Network ID to Home from Business: My computer is not and never has been part of any business. It is a home computer. Every time I attempt to change the setting to home it reverts back to business. I went into group policy editor and changed so users can change that setting and it Didn't help either. The issue...
  7. Unable to change Network ID from business to home

Unable to change Network ID from business to home: I am trying to change my Network ID from a business network to home but after restarting my computer it keeps coming up as business. Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2...
  8. PC not visible in home network 3 pc's

PC not visible in home network 3 pc's: Hi everybody, I have a problem in my home network, made of 3 pc . One of them sees the other 2 while it is not visible by the others. Here find a description of the network: Pc A: desktop win10 home - wired Pc B: desktop win10 pro - wired Pc C: laptop win10 pro...
  9. Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick

Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick: When I change from This computer is part of a Business network to This is a Home computer then reboot, then change doesn't stick. It goes right back to Business Network. All I have are two Desktops (Win 10 and Win 7) and two Laptops (both Win 10). I don't remember setting...
  10. Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick: When I change from This computer is part of a Business network to This is a Home computer then reboot, then change doesn't stick. It goes right back to Business Network. All I have are two Desktops (Win 10 and Win 7) and two Laptops (both Win 10). I don't remember setting...