Windows 10: Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick

Discus and support Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I change from This computer is part of a Business network to This is a Home computer then reboot, then change doesn't stick. It goes right back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ztruker, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick

When I change from This computer is part of a Business network to This is a Home computer then reboot, then change doesn't stick. It goes right back to Business Network.

All I have are two Desktops (Win 10 and Win 7) and two Laptops (both Win 10). I don't remember setting any of therm up as Business.

Also, after the reboot, I was forced to log with my PIN instead of a password which screwed up the auto-login. How do I get the password back as my login method?

Note: My laptop uses a fingerprint reader and my Win 10 VM uses a PIN. I don't want to delete the PIN, I just want this Desktop to use a password as it's logon method.

Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 29, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jul 29, 2019
  4. AlbertoMA Win User

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick - Similar Threads - Change Business Home

2. Unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro.: I am unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro. When I go to START, settings, System, About, Advanced System Settings, Computer Name Tab and the click the Network ID button. I get the option to Change from Business to Home ... BUT. Once you reboot,...
  3. Unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro.: I am unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro. When I go to START, settings, System, About, Advanced System Settings, Computer Name Tab and the click the Network ID button. I get the option to Change from Business to Home ... BUT. Once you reboot,...
  4. Unable to change Network ID from business to home in Windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't change Network ID to Home from Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Network ID to Home from Business: My computer is not and never has been part of any business. It is a home computer. Every time I attempt to change the setting to home it reverts back to business. I went into group policy editor and changed so users can change that setting and it Didn't help either. The issue...
  6. Unable to change Network ID from business to home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change Network ID from business to home: I am trying to change my Network ID from a business network to home but after restarting my computer it keeps coming up as business. Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2...
  7. Change from business PC network to home PC network

Change from business PC network to home PC network: How do I change from a Business PC network setup to a home PC (simple file sharing). My system says it's part of a business network which is incorrect....
  8. Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Change from Business to Home network doesn't stick: When I change from This computer is part of a Business network to This is a Home computer then reboot, then change doesn't stick. It goes right back to Business Network. All I have are two Desktops (Win 10 and Win 7) and two Laptops (both Win 10). I don't remember setting...
  9. From Home to Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Home to Business: I currently have Windows 10 Home Edition. I need to switch to Windows 10 Business Pro. How do I go about doing that? Do I do it with a download or purchase something from a store? And can I do that (meaning--will the Pro interface with the Home Edition?)? ~Thanks, Jan...
  10. Ad hoc network..."Private" network doesn't stick

Ad hoc network..."Private" network doesn't stick: I have a unique situation and I haven't been able to find the answer. I have set up an ad hoc network on the "host" computer (i.e. the netsh "hostednetwork" computer) so that I can remote into the host computer using another computer ("client" PC). What this does is...