Windows 10: Change from owner to administrator

Discus and support Change from owner to administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I apparently made a big boo boo on my new computer. I'm the only user, and I saw that in the account settings I could set myself as the 'owner'.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fostejam, Mar 9, 2021.

1. fostejam Win User

Change from owner to administrator

I apparently made a big boo boo on my new computer.

I'm the only user, and I saw that in the account settings I could set myself as the 'owner'.

Which made sense since I'm the only one using it and I bought it.

However, that seems to have revoked my role as administrator and now I can't download/install anything.

And because I'm not the admin anymore, I can't change my role.

How do I get my owner account back to the admin?

I can't even reset my computer because I don't have the access privilages.

:)

fostejam, Mar 9, 2021

2. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed
    as administrator. But at sign in at start up I listed as owner. As well in Power Shell ISE How I do change that ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, Mar 9, 2021
  3. RuthRich Win User
    Change registered owner and administrator

How do I change my registered owner name? And, administrator name?

RuthRich, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Change from owner to administrator

Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Change from owner to administrator

1. Change from owner to administrator - Similar Threads - Change owner administrator

2. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  3. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  4. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing the owner of C drive from administrator to TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the owner of C drive from administrator to TrustedInstaller: Earlier I have changed the owner to trusted installer but now whenever i install any software every time while opening it ask for administrator password and has a UAC shield. After the name of the owner also of C drive there is a UAC shield .When I am changing the owner to...
  6. Change PC Owner/Administrator

Change PC Owner/Administrator: Hi Guys -Hoping someone could provide a little guidance/help.I got a new Windows laptop so I am giving my Mom my old one. My email address is currently the primary administrator on this laptop. I want to remove my Windows account completely from the old laptop aka I want...
  7. Owner vs Administrator

Owner vs Administrator: What is the difference between an "Owner" and "Administrator?" Are both needed? Can both be the same with same information? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/owner-vs-administrator/3ba2598d-00e6-4cf6-87b9-0bcc446597e9
  8. Change registered owner and administrator

Change registered owner and administrator: How do I change my registered owner name? And, administrator name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-registered-owner-and-administrator/4e9a905f-f5dc-42af-b829-b50e3d6d978e
  9. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Would like to change from owner to administrator: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed as administrator....
  10. Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry: Hello, the question is according to Windows 10 x64. I was trying to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and uninstaller shows an error - access denied to registry. I was trying to change permission manually in registry with Admin account, but no luck. Still error -...