Windows 10: Change from password to pin

Discus and support Change from password to pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last night 11/23/2020, i got a received a new windows update in the middle of the night. It changed my login from pin to password on windows 10. How... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanCornell6, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Change from password to pin

Last night 11/23/2020, i got a received a new windows update in the middle of the night. It changed my login from pin to password on windows 10. How can I use command prompt to change it back to pin? I dont have the old password and bitlocker is not working either.

:)

AlanCornell6, Nov 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Change from password to pin

Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Change from password to pin

1. Change from password to pin - Similar Threads - Change password pin

2. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  3. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  4. Change from PIN to password to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  5. Change from PIN to password to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  6. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  7. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  8. can not change from pin to password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can not change from pin to password?: Hi I did a clean install Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 2004 Build 19041.264 when it installed it ask for a pin so I set one I like to go back to a password but remove is grayed out I am using a Microsoft account how can I fix this? thanks, beau [ATTACH]...
  9. Change from PIN to Password Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change from PIN to Password Login: Hi all, please help me with the issue below: I’m using Windows 10, and I was using password to log into my laptop. However, after updating windows, I was prompted to change to PIN, so I started using PIN for a while. Now, for some reasons after updating Windows, I was...
  10. Change from password BACK to PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change from password BACK to PIN?: On one of the previews some time ago I changed from using a PIN over to a Windows/Microsoft logon password. Why? I don't recall. Now I want to go back to using a PIN but I can not find a route to do so. Settings: Accounts: Sign-in Options has areas for me to change my...