Windows 10: Change from PIN to password to log in

Discus and support Change from PIN to password to log in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by troystoker, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Change from PIN to password to log in

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case sensitive password gave me at least an estimated 1 in 1Decillion 33 zeroes! security blanket.My question therefore is: how can I get the requirement to log in with a PIN removed and revert to my password?I have been into settings / Accounts / Sign in options and the option to remove the PIN option is not available to me.I strugg

:)

troystoker, Oct 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Change from PIN to password to log in

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Change from PIN to password to log in [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Change from PIN to password to log in

1. Change from PIN to password to log in - Similar Threads - Change PIN password

2. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  3. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  4. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  5. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  6. Change from PIN to password to log in

Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  7. Password and Pin log-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and Pin log-in: HelloI am using a laptop right now because I can't access my computer. It has locked me out. My pin that I've use since I first bought this machine 2018 hasn't changed. Last night I was using my machine, and also this morning. I did how ever go into msconfig to disable some...
  8. Change from password to pin

Change from password to pin: Last night 11/23/2020, i got a received a new windows update in the middle of the night. It changed my login from pin to password on windows 10. How can I use command prompt to change it back to pin? I dont have the old password and bitlocker is not working either....
  9. Change from PIN to Password Login

Change from PIN to Password Login: Hi all, please help me with the issue below: I’m using Windows 10, and I was using password to log into my laptop. However, after updating windows, I was prompted to change to PIN, so I started using PIN for a while. Now, for some reasons after updating Windows, I was...
  10. Change from password BACK to PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change from password BACK to PIN?: On one of the previews some time ago I changed from using a PIN over to a Windows/Microsoft logon password. Why? I don't recall. Now I want to go back to using a PIN but I can not find a route to do so. Settings: Accounts: Sign-in Options has areas for me to change my...