Windows 10: Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my...

Discus and support Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,i've recently lost access to the microsoft account i have as primary account on my pc. I would like to remove this account but keeping my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JorgeInclan, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my...

Hi,i've recently lost access to the microsoft account i have as primary account on my pc. I would like to remove this account but keeping my files,setting and apps. I've already set another microsoft account i own and set a new local account but when i sign in to these, all my settings,files and apps are not there.

NOTE: My old account was hacked.I have full ownership of my pc. Just want to cut all the strings from that old account for security.

:)

JorgeInclan, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my... :(

Zakin, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    How do I return to my Microsoft account from a 'local account'?

Hi,

To switch back to your
    Microsoft account from a local account, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press
      Windows
      key or the Start
      icon.

• Type “Users”
      without quotes in the search box.

• Then select “Change your account Picture or Profile settings”
      from the list.

• Click on “Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead”

• Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).

• Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Regards.

Anne Fuj, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my...

Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my...

1. Change from primary microsoft account to local account on Windows 10 but keeping my... - Similar Threads - Change primary microsoft

2. can't change my primary microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't change my primary microsoft account: Hello everyone, i have a problem here.recently i got my new computer and i was using my administrator profile and when i tried to use my microsoft store account it suddenly synced to my whole pc which i didn't want it to happen and i can't change it at all is there anyway...
  3. Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11: HiI've tried to change from a local account to Microsoft account.Go fine till i get to the screen where they ask for my password for last time.Keeps saying password is incorrectI have no trouble logging into outlook, office etc.I did notice it said windows password.I have...
  4. Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11

Changing from local account to microsoft account Windows 11: HiI've tried to change from a local account to Microsoft account.Go fine till i get to the screen where they ask for my password for last time.Keeps saying password is incorrectI have no trouble logging into outlook, office etc.I did notice it said windows password.I have...
  5. Changing my primary Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing my primary Microsoft account: I am currently trying to change the Microsoft account I use for this computer e.g. signing in, making purchases in the Microsoft Store, etc.. It was set up with an email I never use when it was first purchased, and I am planning to delete this one and link my primary email to...
  6. Changing my primary Microsoft account

Changing my primary Microsoft account: I am currently trying to change the Microsoft account I use for this computer e.g. signing in, making purchases in the Microsoft Store, etc.. It was set up with an email I never use when it was first purchased, and I am planning to delete this one and link my primary email to...
  7. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  8. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  9. not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10: not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/not-able-to-change-from-local-account-to-microsoft/7334bb2e-5d88-4696-8c3f-9b512a37dcca"
  10. changing accounts from local to Microsoft?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing accounts from local to Microsoft?: Just a quick question: I have an old netbook on which I have always signed in to a local account, and this is an administrator account. If I want to sign in with my Microsoft account instead, would it still be an administrator account? And would I still be able to use all the...