Windows 10: Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020

Discus and support Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have seen an annoying change in my computer's behavior since a recent Windows update. I have a small work space and have a large monitor sitting on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CurlyHoward, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020

I have seen an annoying change in my computer's behavior since a recent Windows update. I have a small work space and have a large monitor sitting on my closed laptop. Before this change I could get my computer to wake up by moving the mouse or hitting Enter on the wireless USB keyboard. Now that no longer works. To wake up my computer I have to lift the lid which is obviously a hassle with the monitor on top! I can't see any settings that have changed. Any ideas as to how I can get back to a hassle-free life? Thanks!

:)

CurlyHoward, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Oct 17, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020

1. Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020 - Similar Threads - Change recent Update

2. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent: I have windows 10 Home 2019 and except for security updates, I have never recieved an update. I keep getting this error 0x80070246. How to fix it?...
  3. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent: I have windows 10 Home 2019 and except for security updates, I have never recieved an update. I keep getting this error 0x80070246. How to fix it?...
  4. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 32-bit Oct 2020 Update fails on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 32-bit Oct 2020 Update fails on VirtualBox: So, I have downloaded the Windows 10 32-bit ISO from here, and I am trying to set a Virtual Machine so I can use WoR Windows on Raspberry Pi, but the tool requires Windows 10 so I have to use a Virtual Machine since I do not have access to an actual PC. So I tried to set it...
  6. I'm looking for a deleted email from Oct./Nov. 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm looking for a deleted email from Oct./Nov. 2020: PLEASE help me find deleted emails from 10/20 and 11/20? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-looking-for-a-deleted-email-from-octnov-2020/37e5f560-be35-47d6-abe0-b57bcdc0327e
  7. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

Help on Oct 2020 update confusion: Hi yesterday October 18, I had to do the update and restart my laptop, which took over an hour for it to complete. But today after signing into my laptop, this appeared in my power button and now I am concerned that maybe yesterday's update and restart didn't work as it...
  8. Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020

Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020: Dear The window was updated on 18 October 2020. The first thing was That firefox was not working, Its shows that "Already firefox is running, its not responding" Something like that Besides that The Bar "Type here to search" is also not showing anything. When I checked...
  9. Recent KB Updates August 2020 Freezing Windows

Recent KB Updates August 2020 Freezing Windows: Does anyone have a fix for the latest round of updates I just got essentially killing my desktop? It gave me a prompt saying that I must restart now and then installed KB4566782 and its supporting updates right after. After about 2 hours of waiting, my PC booted and was...
  10. recent windows update Oct 2019

recent windows update Oct 2019: I recently saw an update for windows10 and I did it and it installed but now i dont want it. It screwed up my mp4s which will not play in color. I am very novice at this and I wish I could fix the whole thing back the way it was. i have been trying everything and cant get my...