Windows 10: change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

Discus and support change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by prestonkeys, May 18, 2019.

1. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!`

"Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I understand it, to be the language para mostrar (to be shown) "the next time that you begin a session." I understand this to mean that if I restart my computer, English will be the language that is shown in Windows.
    But, English is not the language that is shown in Windows on restarting the computer. Thanks in advance.

change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows a5df4a0b-28b3-41af-bd17-ca0eefe29967?upload=true.jpg

:)

prestonkeys, May 18, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

Single language?
    how do know if windows 10 is a single language pack - Microsoft Community

Yes, except for any keyboard related issues.

- changing things like that can be messy, depends on the laptop. Sorry, don't know. Only had 1 apart to date.
    Very easy- just search for programs. You'll find freeware or plenty of advice on how to do that.
    change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows [​IMG]

dalchina, May 18, 2019
  3. change language windows 10 to spanish

Hi JoseAntonio,

How to set a default language.

Steps to do that are listed here:

1. go to your start menu and open settings. (this should be the icon just above the power icon)

2. When settings opens, go to time and language

3. from the left hand menu select Region and Language

4. At the top your country or region will most likely display English since that is what it is set to from the reset.

5. Click on the + sign below to Add Language.

6. in the search box type Spanish

7. Spanish will display a few different types of Spanish, pick the Spanish that best fits your needs.

8. Once you click the Spanish you would like to use, you should then see Spanish listed and English.

9. Click on Spanish to highlight it , it should come up with options.

10. Now you will want to select as default.

Please let me know if you run into any issues with these steps at all!

Have a great day,

Danielle

DanielleFergus, May 18, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 18, 2019
Thema:

change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

1. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows - Similar Threads - change Spanish language

2. Add Spanish Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Spanish Language: Hello, my job is to translate English documents into Spanish, but I had to get a new laptop and I can't figure out how to type in Spanish now. Thank you.[Original Title: Spanish language]...
  3. Spanish language

Spanish language: Hello, my job is to translate English documents into Spanish, but I had to get a new laptop and I can't figure out how to type in Spanish now. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spanish-language/50ad64db-d8d7-45c8-bc5b-c1de81a11c7c
  4. Language change from Deutsch to English

Language change from Deutsch to English: I am buying a Lenovo laptop, and in the description it says that the OS is windows 10 pro Deutsch/German. For some other model it says windows 10 pro Deutsch, English, French etc. What does this mean actually? Does this mean that the model installed with German OS will...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English: I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Spanish version installed on laptop. Can I reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language English version and use the original product key that came with the Spanish edition?...
  6. change my language to english

change my language to english: please help me change my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-language-to-english/d5ff6360-849c-47db-8ca0-b9e41cd59a2c
  7. How to change the language to English?

How to change the language to English?: Last month, I brought a laptop in China , which is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Window 10 Chinese family version. I want to change the whole laptop's system to English. When I open the laptop, it's Chinese, I ask the worker to help me to change to English, they went to setting to...
  8. Change Language from Chinese to English

Change Language from Chinese to English: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?...
  9. Cant change language to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change language to english: Hello my friend I bought a new laptop here in japan But Cant change my language to english Also cant download language pack Pls need help,, 43090
  10. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?: Hey all i got a question. I'm from the US but outside the Us at the moment in Mexico. My laptop is a dell and its a english laptop bought back in the US. I want to get another laptop but here in Mexico, most laptops are well of course in Spanish. I also believe they have a...