Windows 10: Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut

Discus and support Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to change a particular group policy setting (switch from enabled to disabled for example) with cmd, powershell or some other type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ekeda, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ekeda Win User

Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut

Is there a way to change a particular group policy setting (switch from enabled to disabled for example) with cmd, powershell or some other type of shortcut?

:)

ekeda, Apr 15, 2019
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Apr 15, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Apr 15, 2019
  4. joheb ali Win User

gpedit group policy does not working

Starting gpedit from start>run>gpedit.msc, the Group Policy Window opens, but I get the following error in the right hand window:

MMC could not create the snap-in

MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly

Name: Group Policy Object Editor

CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}

Please advise on how to fix the problem

Thanks

Mike.

joheb ali, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut - Similar Threads - Change Group Policy

2. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  3. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gpedit Google Group Policy Question: I am just a regular home user and I am a tech novice. I know nothing about the computer. And I am using an regular windows 10 pro. I don't know what domain-joined or MDM-managed computers are. And I do not want to know either. So plz don't tell me anything about them. All I...
  4. Gpedit Google Group Policy Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpedit Group Policy Editor isn't found in Windows 11...: Hello, I want to run gpedit.msc on Windows 11, but it isn't found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-group-policy-editor-isnt-found-in-windows/0aae2cec-8c1e-4179-886d-24178e9df6c1
  6. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  7. Help Changing Group Policy settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Changing Group Policy settings: [ATTACH] Can someone please explain how to change my settings so none of my 'settings is managed by my organisation'? I would be very greatfull https://preview.redd.it/zoqpquteae161.png?width=399&format=png&auto=webp&s=2a0be310619ca33dcfd381aa87cccb8f6174073d...
  8. No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT

No Filter Action in Group Policy Editor | Can't Filter Policies in GPEDIT: Hello, I'm not sure how or when this happened, but I've lost the ability to filter policies in the Local Group Policy Editor. There is no button for filtering nor an option in the Action menu. Please see the picture below. [ATTACH] How can I restore the option to filter...
  9. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error: My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32...
  10. Group Policy Settings

Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...
Tags: