Windows 10: Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut

Discus and support Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to change a particular group policy setting (switch from enabled to disabled for example) with cmd, powershell or some other type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ekeda, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ekeda Win User

Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut

Is there a way to change a particular group policy setting (switch from enabled to disabled for example) with cmd, powershell or some other type of shortcut?

:)

ekeda, Apr 15, 2019
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Apr 15, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Apr 15, 2019
  4. joheb ali Win User

gpedit group policy does not working

Starting gpedit from start>run>gpedit.msc, the Group Policy Window opens, but I get the following error in the right hand window:

MMC could not create the snap-in

MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly

Name: Group Policy Object Editor

CLSID: {8FCOB734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}

Please advise on how to fix the problem

Thanks

Mike.

joheb ali, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Group Policy (gpedit.msc) setting with a shortcut - Similar Threads - Change Group Policy

2. Set group policy programatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set group policy programatically: How to set group policy programatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-group-policy-programatically/08fa07c5-cc34-457d-9220-f094b09089f3
  3. Group Policy not affect Settings app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy not affect Settings app?: I have a new Windows 10 Pro laptop that I am configuring. I am a Windows 10 newbie, and am especially new to using Group Policy to configure it. I decided to disable both AutoRun and AutoPlay, since they seem like major security breaches, so I implemented the 2 Group Policy...
  4. Group Policy Settings Windows 10

Group Policy Settings Windows 10: How does one reset all group plicies to default settings in windows 10. I have no executable named "gpedit". Thanks Peeps..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-settings-windows-10/d99877a9-7349-49ec-91a5-aaf9edac8be4
  5. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  6. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error: My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32...
  7. Group Policy Settings

Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...
  8. Windows 10 group policy update settings changes automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 group policy update settings changes automatically: Dear all I have windows 10 pro and I have edited the group policy for windows update and has set it to notify me to download. My problem is that after a few days windows automatically download updates and install them though I had set it to notify to download. It seems that...
  9. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  10. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?: Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been experimenting with this just for learning purposes and I am stumped by something. One of the first things I tried doing was removing...