Windows 10: Change Hard Disk

Discus and support Change Hard Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is runing Windows 10free upgrade digital license. What is the most appropriate method to change my hard disk without the need to contact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard Jang, May 23, 2020.

1. Change Hard Disk

My computer is runing Windows 10free upgrade digital license. What is the most appropriate method to change my hard disk without the need to contact Microsoft Support?

:)

Richard Jang, May 23, 2020

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 23, 2020
  3. hard disk change

Hi,

Changing a hardware component on your computer is a bit risky. Many things have to be considered like the compatibility and capability of the part that you'll be changing. For better assistance regarding this matter, we highly suggest that you contact the
    manufacturer of your computer. This is so they can provide you recommendations about the best options that you have. As well as the steps on how to change the hard disk on your computer.

This link provides information on how to obtain a computer manufacturers' contact information.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, May 23, 2020
  4. Tunafiesh Win User

Change Hard Disk

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

I could not found my hard drive list disk, only my working ones. I tried following the steps anyway and nothing changed.

Tunafiesh, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Change Hard Disk

1. Change Hard Disk - Similar Threads - Change Hard Disk

2. Change of hard disk on laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of hard disk on laptop: i want to upgrade my hard drive by replacing current one, how can i transfer windows licenses to new hard drive in a same laptop, i bought laptop in2012 with windows 7, later i bought from local store an upgrade to windows 10 pro....
  3. Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change

Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change: Today I got my hard disk changed and cannot activate Windows 10 after that. I get the error code 0xC004F213 although my device is seemingly connected to my Microsoft account. I tried to re-enter the product key but the key on the CD I got from the retailer doesn't work - it...
  4. Changing Hard disk on System

Changing Hard disk on System: Hi. i want to change my Hard disk of laptop to SSD. Can my original windows 10 which is in Hard disk be transfered to SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-hard-disk-on-system/86730670-815e-41c9-9c0e-a588eee30727
  5. Reactivation after change of hard disk

Reactivation after change of hard disk: Hello Everyone! I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard disk and try to reactivate Windows 10 on the same device. Windows reported that there is no product key was found on my device....
  6. change the hard disk with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change the hard disk with an SSD: am un lap top...vechi2010vreau sa schimb hard discul cu un SSD dar am inteles ca apoi trebuie reinstalat WINDOWS ul !acest Windows l am cumparat de pe net , mi s a dat o cheie de produs ,l am instalat , functioneaza !ACUM , pentru reinstalare , pe același dispozitiv , unde...
  7. Changing hard disk drive priority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing hard disk drive priority: Alright, so I have 2 SSD's in my computer, one Samsung and one off brand. When going into the BIOS boot menu I find that the number one prioritized hard drive is the so called "Windows Boot Manager" and the second one is the Samsung it says its full name. So the question is...
  8. Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed?

Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed?: I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop. Recently it start giving BSOD showing an error "Page fault in non-paged area". I think there is problem in hard disk. If I changed my hard diak, what happens to my Windows license....
  9. How to change hard disk security ownership?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change hard disk security ownership?: I rebuilt my computer when I put my hard drive back into the system and try to change ownership I kept getting this error. I don't even know where the F:\$RECYCLE.BIN is even located in my disk. [ATTACH]...
  10. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...