Windows 10: Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10

Discus and support Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 computers with problems but I can turn the 2 going out into a working computer. It looks like I have a problem that the one computer has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LittleMafia1, May 11, 2022.

1. Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10

I have 2 computers with problems but I can turn the 2 going out into a working computer. It looks like I have a problem that the one computer has crashed and now parts, the other computer main thing is hard drive is shot. I want to take the hard drive from old computer to keep the fairly new one working. When switching hard drives it shows windows is not registered, when I run trouble shooting it says computer has Windows 10 Home but the drive I am swapping to has Windows 10 Pro. Both were upgraded from Windows 7 so I am not sure how one is pro and one is home. Is there anyway to make this wor

:)

LittleMafia1, May 11, 2022
Thema:

Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10

1. Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Hard Drives

2. after hard drive repair cursor changed into a different one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after hard drive repair cursor changed into a different one.: so i bought this hp notebook 15" laptop which i believe almost before Christmas 2021 and broke it at 1/22/22 on that Saturday at night. i got it repaired but now the cursor looks like IMG1 when it should look like IMG2 according to c:windows/cursors.img2 {i can't get it...
  3. after hard drive repair cursor changed into a different one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after hard drive repair cursor changed into a different one.: so i bought this hp notebook 15" laptop which i believe almost before Christmas 2021 and broke it at 1/22/22 on that Saturday at night. i got it repaired but now the cursor looks like IMG1 when it should look like IMG2 according to c:windows/cursors.img2 {i can't get it...
  4. Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10: I have 2 computers with problems but I can turn the 2 going out into a working computer. It looks like I have a problem that the one computer has crashed and now parts, the other computer main thing is hard drive is shot. I want to take the hard drive from old computer to...
  5. Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Hard Drives Different Versions of Windows 10: I have 2 computers with problems but I can turn the 2 going out into a working computer. It looks like I have a problem that the one computer has crashed and now parts, the other computer main thing is hard drive is shot. I want to take the hard drive from old computer to...
  6. No Windows 10 after a hard drive change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows 10 after a hard drive change: Good afternoon!I was hoping to get some help with my computer - a Dell model that I bought new with Windows 10 already on it a dew years ago.Last week the hard drive died and I decided to buy a new one and replace it rather than buy a new computer. I managed to do that but...
  7. Windows 10 after hard drive change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 after hard drive change: Hi - my dog jumped on me as I watched a movie last night and knocked my laptop off and it stopped working...said could not find hard drive and we could hear hard drive clicking. We had an old laptop from years ago where the power just stopped working, so my husband swapped...
  8. Windows 10 not recognising different external hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not recognising different external hard drives: I have a Windows 10 HP All-in-one desktop. I also have a numb er of hard drives from Windows 7 and XP computers that I used to own. I recently realised that some files that I need might be on one of the old drives so I bought myself a USB docking station to connect the old...
  9. Downloading to a different hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading to a different hard drive: I just built a custom pc and it has 3 hard drives in it. One Samsung 970 pro drive, one Samsung 970 evo drive and one Seagate Barracude 2tb drive. The pro drive, or C:, is the default drive. However, I want to save that drive for current video project work. I would like to...
  10. hard drive change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard drive change: im about to upgrade my hard drive in win 10 to a larger one what do i need to do if the change knocks my product key out assuming a hard drive is a major change like a motherboard...