Windows 10: Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.

Discus and support Change HDD since windows won't open anymore. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Its no longer working and I want to replace it. I also want to make my Windows activated. I will replace the HDD to SSD if possible, to keep Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dixie.krajcik17, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.

Its no longer working and I want to replace it. I also want to make my Windows activated. I will replace the HDD to SSD if possible, to keep Windows activated it is really appreciated. Help me sort things out.

:)

dixie.krajcik17, Nov 21, 2022

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Nov 21, 2022
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 21, 2022
  4. tops Win User

Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.

1. Change HDD since windows won't open anymore. - Similar Threads - Change HDD since

2. Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.: Its no longer working and I want to replace it. I also want to make my Windows activated. I will replace the HDD to SSD if possible, to keep Windows activated it is really appreciated. Help me sort things out....
  3. Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change HDD since windows won't open anymore.: Its no longer working and I want to replace it. I also want to make my Windows activated. I will replace the HDD to SSD if possible, to keep Windows activated it is really appreciated. Help me sort things out....
  4. Dead HDD and windows won't open anymore. Wants to have a new os installed on SSD activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dead HDD and windows won't open anymore. Wants to have a new os installed on SSD activated.: I have upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 prom my laptop HDD is no longer working and wants to use the sdd to replace dead HDD. How can I make it activated?...
  5. Dead HDD and windows won't open anymore. Wants to have a new os installed on SSD activated.

Dead HDD and windows won't open anymore. Wants to have a new os installed on SSD activated.: I have upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 prom my laptop HDD is no longer working and wants to use the sdd to replace dead HDD. How can I make it activated?...
  6. Portable HDD won't open

Portable HDD won't open: Not sure if I selected the correct Topic for this. If not, move and advise.I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 10GB mem, 2TB hdd.I also have a Buffalo portable HD, P-ZU3 2tb and a smaller HD.When I plug the portable HD into my desktop, it won't open. I has a yellow light on.When I...
  7. Portable HDD won't open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable HDD won't open: Not sure if I selected the correct Topic for this. If not, move and advise.I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 10GB mem, 2TB hdd.I also have a Buffalo portable HD, P-ZU3 2tb and a smaller HD.When I plug the portable HD into my desktop, it won't open. I has a yellow light on.When I...
  8. Portable HDD won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Photos App won't open anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App won't open anymore: A few days ago, I was cleaning out my storage using the built-in storage cleaner on my Surface Pro 5 but ever since I did that, Photos has just stopped working. Whenever I tried to open a picture, I get an error message saying "The app didn't start". I've tried all the...
  10. Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore

Windows Live 2012 Won't Open Anymore: I have Windows Live 2012 on my Windows 10 machine. It's been working fine for a few months since the upgrade, but today it refuses to open. It just sits on the splash screen and the doughnut spins... Task manager shows it is partially loaded, but the CPU is giving no time to...