Windows 10: Change Height of Action Center??

Discus and support Change Height of Action Center?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know if the Action Center can be made shorter? I made a quick mock-up of what I am referring to... [img] I know how to make it stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dacrone, Mar 24, 2017.

1. dacrone Win User

Change Height of Action Center??

Does anyone know if the Action Center can be made shorter? I made a quick mock-up of what I am referring to...

Change Height of Action Center?? [​IMG]

I know how to make it stay open, but I would rather just have it smaller... I don't care about the notifications, just the action buttons... thanks in advance.

:)

dacrone, Mar 24, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

How do I enter my height into Microsoft Health?

With the latest update the app has a field for height ft and height in.

I just changed my height in. to 11. Tap the height in field, enter 10 or 11, only two digit number it can be, and tap the 'next' arrow at the bottom.

garym123, Mar 24, 2017
  3. PBardotz Win User
    Taks bar

My task bar is two lines high. It is double the height of what I always have. It changed overnight from one line height to two line heights? Has this happened to anyone else? Screen space is valuable, now it is less. Very frustrated.

PBardotz, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Are you talking about the tiles/action buttons specifically or the whole notification area?

You can reduce the number of the tiles there......there should be an "expand" and "collapse" trigger above the tiles.

Plankton, Mar 24, 2017
  5. dacrone Win User
    The whole area, so that opening the Action Center only opens a little squared area with the tile buttons.

dacrone, Mar 24, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I would like to see this too. Action Center should only open large enough vertically to show pending messages. No need to span the entire right side of the screen.

I have not seen any way to control the AC size.

Ztruker, Mar 24, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Probably can't as there are other dependencies relying on that snappin.

Edwin, Mar 24, 2017
  8. dacrone Win User

So, I know there is a reg tweak to keep it open until you manually close it. I have this tweak enabled, but is there a tweak to keep it behind all other windows? Currently that tweak keeps it open and on top of all others...

dacrone, Mar 24, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    No, there are portions of the Immersive UI that are independent of the Win32 environment at certain times; they act as a 'curtain'
    You'll notice this if you invoke a screensaver while the Start Menu and Action Center are open:
    (mouse movement will not kill the screensaver if you stay on the taskbar, menu, action center, etc.)

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Height of Action Center?? - Similar Threads - Change Height Action

2. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: I have windows 10. When I click on the icon in the lower right corner for the action center nothing happens. If I try to open it nothing happens. If I reboot sometimes it will work for a few days and then stop or it won't work at all....
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center: Windows Defender, in Action Center, will not scan. I can not find it listed in my Uninstall programs. Anyway to fix it, to scan, or how can I uninstall it? Thanks for any help....
  5. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  6. The Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Action Center: The Action Center Icon won`t open I've tried every thing I could think of any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-center/62bfac61-f286-497b-b6ee-2924c5f2114b
  7. action center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    action center: what is action center on win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/ab0de665-0bdb-4c2a-90ae-e875c89ecd6e
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  9. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  10. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593