Windows 10: Change how many apps appear as MOST USED in Start

Discus and support Change how many apps appear as MOST USED in Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've searched the Win10 forum, but haven't found whether it is possible to change the amount of apps that appear in the MOST USED apps in Start. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cabby58, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Cabby58 Win User

Change how many apps appear as MOST USED in Start

I've searched the Win10 forum, but haven't found whether it is possible to change the amount of apps that appear in the MOST USED apps in Start.

For instance, currently, my MOST USED apps show 6 apps. I would like to change it to 10.

I have the RECENTLY ADDED apps option turned off, so there should be plenty of room to show 10 MOST USED apps.

I believe previous versions of Windows allowed this choice.

:)

Cabby58, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

By design you will not be able to drag and drop apps in "Most Used". However you can drag and drop apps from "Most Used" to "Start screen tiles". Then those apps won’t be showing under "Most Used".

Refer the article for additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-see-whats-on-the-menu

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 1, 2015
  3. How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Original title: Help me with my Start Menu that I goofed up somehow?

I made a change somewhere and it made all of the program shortcuts disappear that I'd added for APPs that I use often. They'd been in the upper left of the black box that displays when I tap the Windows key or click the Windows icon. Help? Please don't just
    give me a link so I can teach myself. I'm sure it's just a simple click somewhere that can either make it so I can add them again or it might even display the ones that I'd had there.

Here's what I see now with them all gone. The list used to be above
    the word Suggested:

Change how many apps appear as MOST USED in Start [​IMG]

Jeff A. Davis, Dec 1, 2015
  4. boyboyds Win User

If you want to add a new app to "Most used' then find/create a shortcut for this app and drag it to the 'Start' icon at the left bottom corner.

It will be added to the left column 'Most used'.

-BBDS

boyboyds, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Cabby58 Win User
    Thank you for the response, boyboyds, but what I want to do is increase the number of apps which show in the MOST USED column. Currently the MOST USED apps allows only 6 to show. I would like to increase that number to 10.

Cabby58, Dec 3, 2015
  6. boyboyds Win User
    Move your cursor to the top edge of the Start screen, left click (you will see a small arrow) and drag it up. It will expand the Start screen vertically and allow you to add more apps to the left side.

Regards,
    -BBDS

boyboyds, Dec 3, 2015
  7. rseiler Win User
    ? "Most used" are filled in automatically by the system according to which apps are...most used.

I haven't seen any workaround to increase that beyond 6 regardless of space.

rseiler, Jan 18, 2016
  8. boyboyds Win User

I gave up and installed Classic Shell. Start Menu is very important and in W-10 native Start Menu is not good. I did tried though.

-BBDS

boyboyds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change how many apps appear as MOST USED in Start - Similar Threads - Change many apps

2. How to enable Show most used apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  3. How to enable Show most used apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Show most used apps?: I want to enable "Show most used apps" for Windows 11 but it seems disabled. How can I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-show-most-used-apps/c2bb9dda-0810-41e6-b828-4e59c4ca8257
  4. How to show or hide Most Used apps in Start Menu on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Most Used apps in Start Menu on Windows 11: [ATTACH]By default, Windows 11 shows most used apps in the Start Menu. If you like to display such an app list, you can show Most Used apps in Start Menu on Windows 11 using this tutorial. It is possible to change this setting using Windows Settings, Local Group Policy...
  5. Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no

Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no: After installing and starting Metro apps, they close immediately, showing the window-box just for a fraction of second.There are 3 different error messages in the "Applications" log:Provider: ESENT, EventID 454DllHost 7620,U,98...
  6. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  7. Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.: When i restart my windows 10 pro the most used apps list in the start menu disappears and appears randomly. sometimes after a restart it disappears and when i lunch any app it gets added to the most used list and then when i restart again it appears empty again. And in other...
  8. Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?

Is it possible to add apps to "Most Used" in the Start menu?: If so, could someone please show me how to do it? I removed a couple of apps from there and they either get replaced by a random program or disappear. 14935
  9. Most Used Apps

Most Used Apps: The other day i opened the start menu and clicked on the left side under most used apps hiding programs from the list, now nothing appears in that list and i have the left side empty. how to set again the most used apps if i have ON the option in settings but still there isnt...
  10. Start->'Most Used' not change

in Windows 10 Support
    Start->'Most Used' not change: It can't update my most used apps to this place. Just shows 'Get Started', 'maps'... all the time 13136