Windows 10: Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop

Discus and support Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I feel like this changed one day and I only noticed it today. Doing Shift-click between two files in a folder selects everything in between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/N1L5, Sep 16, 2020.

1. /u/N1L5 Win User

Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop

Hi! I feel like this changed one day and I only noticed it today.

Doing Shift-click between two files in a folder selects everything in between horizontally which is totally normal but I used to remember that on the Desktop is was vertically and not horizontally ?

I just deleted really important files that where on the whole opposite of my desktop mismatching the way this works because I was so confident that shift-clicking on desktop only selected what I wanted to delete on the vertical plane.

Forgetting the part that I deleted files (I recovered them), am I going crazy remembering it that way and most importantly is there a way to get it to do that (again) ??

Thanks!

submitted by /u/N1L5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/N1L5, Sep 16, 2020

2. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 16, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop

1. Change how Shift-Click works on the Desktop - Similar Threads - Change Shift Click

2. Right click on Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop not working: Everytime I press right click on my desktop, it makes the cursor start loading (turns in into the blue spinning ring) then just refreshes the desktop. Anyone know a solution? (still happens if I dont right click an application, and just the desktop itself). submitted by...
  3. Right click on desktop not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop not working.: hi, I have noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop it gives me the loading symbol, aborts and then restarts and im not sure whats causing this, i looked into the problem scripts and found these were potential problems anyone able to help. Source Windows Explorer...
  4. Right Click on Desktop not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click on Desktop not working!: When I press right click on the desktop, the cursor goes into 'loading' mode and doesn't open the menu. However, elsewhere the right click works fine such as selecting files and viewing their properties inside the file manager, including on the desktop icons. Just not around...
  5. Desktop Right Click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  6. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  7. Desktop Right Click not working

8. Desktop Right Click not working

9. Right click on desktop not working

Right click on desktop not working: I just factory resetted my laptop and now when I right click on the desktop it only shows the loading icon but doesnt do anything, how can i fix it?...
  10. Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.: I have downloaded Windows 10 as I am sure you all have. When I right-click [on a .jpg] on the desktop it takes ages to bring-up the context menu and invariably does NOT RESPOND [so my task manager tells me]. How do I fix this? 16837

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift click selecting vertically on windows