Windows 10: change icon size and fonts on desktop

Discus and support change icon size and fonts on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; change icon size and fonts on desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kitkat smokie, Mar 1, 2020.

1. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop

:)

kitkat smokie, Mar 1, 2020

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Chief400 Win User
    Desktop Icon Font Size Change

In Windows 10 do the following to change font SIZE of Desktop icon fonts. 1.) On the desktop, right click on the mouse button 2.) Choose "Display Settings" 3.) On this page In the center, on the bottom, click "Advance Display Settings" 4.) On this page you do not see the entire page and you must scroll down some to see the entire page. After you scroll down, on the far left of the screen (second from bottom) click "Advanced sizing of fonts and other items" 5.) This is where you can make font sizing changes. In the middle of the screen there is a gray box entitled "Title bars." Press the arrow down button within this box 6.) In the list that comes up, select "Icons" 7.) Now, the box reads "Icons." To the immediate right of this box is another box, which is the font "size" box. In the font size box, press the arrow down button and change the size from the default size of 9, to 10, 11, 12, etc (10 is good). 8.) To the immediate right of the font size box is a "Bold" check box. Put your cursor in this box and click your mouse button. It will add a check mark within the box. 9.) You have done it! Close all the boxes you have opened. Now you can read the lettering under the icons.*Cool

Chief400, Mar 1, 2020
  4. change icon size and fonts on desktop

How to change the desktop icon font

hello JeffRoberts3

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

Go to Settings.

Choose Personalization.

Select Themes.

Under Themes, select Theme settings.

On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.

To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

Right-click on your desktop.

Click View.

Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.

Pedro Bruguera, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

change icon size and fonts on desktop

1. change icon size and fonts on desktop - Similar Threads - change icon size

2. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  3. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  4. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  5. Changing font and font size on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4
  6. Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons: The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER. NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons tell me how to get the NAME under the icons LARGER? Windows 11 was re-installed in late December 2017 so I do not need to go get any updates. 101805
  7. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187
  8. Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size: I just installed Build 9879 over Windows 7 on a spare machine and it went as expected except for the size of the Icon fonts and size of the taskbar. They both are much larger than they were on Win 7. I can't remember how to make them smaller. I make the icons themselves...
  9. Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly: My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the computer/browsing. I have read about other people having this problem with desktop icons but have not found a solution. Any...
  10. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...