Windows 10: Change identify of "headphone" device

Discus and support Change identify of "headphone" device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; You know when you plug your headphones into Windows 11 and a window pops up and says "Identify device"? You can select headset, headphones, etc. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EricJamal, Feb 15, 2022.

1. EricJamal Win User

Change identify of "headphone" device

You know when you plug your headphones into Windows 11 and a window pops up and says "Identify device"? You can select headset, headphones, etc. I accidentally clicked the wrong option and had "remember this option." How can I change the device type back? It changed the sound quality of my headphones once I selected the wrong option by mistake.

:)

EricJamal, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Headphones are not identified as the audio device when connected.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphones are not identified as the audio device when connected. In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Run the Playing audio troubleshooter.

a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b) Type Troubleshooter in the
    Search box and then press Enter.

c) Select Troubleshooting. Click on
    View All and select Playing audio.

d) Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Set headphones as default audio device.

1. Right click on the volume icon and click on Playback Devices.

2. In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click onShow Disabled devices.

3. Now check if headphones are listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

4. Highlight that headphones and click on "Set as Default".

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 3:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Change identify of "headphone" device

Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Change identify of "headphone" device

1. Change identify of "headphone" device - Similar Threads - Change identify headphone

2. Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.: Hi! Yesterday I bought a new headset, but when I tried plugging it into my Rog G14 2020, it recognizes it as a speaker. I have been looking for a solution, and everywhere I look, they say I can change it from the Realtek Hd audio driver, but my pc doesn't have it. Instead, it...
  3. Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.: Hi! Yesterday I bought a new headset, but when I tried plugging it into my Rog G14 2020, it recognizes it as a speaker. I have been looking for a solution, and everywhere I look, they say I can change it from the Realtek Hd audio driver, but my pc doesn't have it. Instead, it...
  4. Usb headphone is being identified as an speaker.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Change identify of "headphone" device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change identify of "headphone" device: You know when you plug your headphones into Windows 11 and a window pops up and says "Identify device"? You can select headset, headphones, etc. I accidentally clicked the wrong option and had "remember this option." How can I change the device type back? It changed the sound...
  6. Change Headphone Sound Device Type Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Headphone Sound Device Type Option: Okay, so my issue here is this:You know when you plug your headphones into Windows 10 and a window pops up and says "Identify device"? You can select headset, headphones, etc. I accidentally clicked the wrong option and had "remember this option." I read another thread that...
  7. USB Headphones identifier

USB Headphones identifier: Hi all, Im just wondering about this but it's kinda hard to explain. I have my USB Headphones but whenever i plug them on a different they got a different identifier number. My computer has four USB ports and I've plugged on three of them creating "1 - Headphones", "2 -...
  8. networking -- identifying devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    networking -- identifying devices: I am trying to network two computers. Let's call them A and B. In File Explorer in Computer A, Computer B shows up as a "media device." Whatever that is. How can I make Computer B show up as a "computer," instead of as a "media device?" Bonus question: I tried to connect to...
  9. No Other Devices Identified in Network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  10. identify unknown device

identify unknown device: hi, I performed a fresh install of w10 on my sisters HP DV6 laptop, everything works but device manager shows 1 unknown device, is there anyway to find out what it is, I've installed all the drivers from the manufacturer 66351