Windows 10: Change IME japanese font

Discus and support Change IME japanese font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Word (Office 365) and, after studing chinese for several years, I've started to study japanese. My problem is that the default japanese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suguruk, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Suguruk Win User

Change IME japanese font

Hi,

I'm using Word (Office 365) and, after studing chinese for several years, I've started to study japanese. My problem is that the default japanese font (Yu Mincho font) doesn't convince me (the writing is quite different in some "characters" that are the same in both languages).

I've tried change the default font when I change the keyboard to japanese (Windows+Space), folloging the next instructions (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-or-set-the-default-font-20f72414-2c42-4b53-9654-d07a92b9294a), but the problem doesn't fix.

When I take notes in the class, I exchange the keyboard continuously between japanese and spanish (pressing Win+space) and it is really irritating to change the font from the "Font tab".

I'm thinking in purchasing the KaiTi font because it is close similar to the DengXian font (default font in chinese keyboard), but if I cannot fix this problem first I'm pretty sure that I'll decline this idea.

Best regards

Vincent

Moved from: (Office | Word | Windows 10 | Office 365 Home)

:)

Suguruk, Jan 18, 2019

2. Change Microsoft IME (Japanese) font input

Yes, it is system-wide.

This is me typing "tokidoki" into the Microsoft Edge browser address bar:

Does there exist no option to change the system-wide Japanese IME font?

Carlos Resurreccion, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

Change IME japanese font

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Change IME japanese font

1. Change IME japanese font - Similar Threads - Change IME japanese

2. Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ: Hi Community,I would like to make use of the IME Keyboard for Japanese language settings, wich is working really great by the way!Now I'm used to a swiss keyboard, while IME seems to make use of US keyboard settings.My main problem with that is that the Y and Z keys are...
  3. Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ: Hi Community,I would like to make use of the IME Keyboard for Japanese language settings, wich is working really great by the way!Now I'm used to a swiss keyboard, while IME seems to make use of US keyboard settings.My main problem with that is that the Y and Z keys are...
  4. Korean & Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean & Japanese IME: why do i need Korean & Japanese IME ? I dont speak either one.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/korean-japanese-ime/127122fd-5d4f-4661-bf79-509407fdbd0b
  5. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Is there a fix to why the IME does not work? No "A" showing in task bar to let you change from Kanji to Hiragana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/3fe121aa-53dd-4271-85fd-85083a7f9b6d
  6. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Ever since the windows 10 2004 update and with the changes of the IME; the usual toggle keys that I used to use to change between hiragana and katakana and romaji have stopped working, have the toggle keys changed? or do toggles don't work anymore?...
  7. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Sorry if this is the wrong category, it was unclear where this would be appropriate. Hi! I know this might be a long shot, but I'm trying desperately to get the Japanese IME to work on Windows so I can type hiragana. I have the language pack installed and I can switch...
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  9. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: When I install Japanese Keyboard I have "Japanese IME is not ready yet". It is more than an hour now. Just in term of comparaison: Mac OS 1mn, Android 1mn, Windows forever... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/26d989e7-6127-49ff-907a-5b8233c2a84a
  10. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: Yesterday, it was working but when I tried typing today, i can't get the kanjis after typing romaji. Tried changing A to hiragana but it won't change. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/38b6ca97-39c9-46c7-84a7-8074215f13cb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change japanese ime to calligraphy