Windows 10: Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Discus and support Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 - 1TB hard drives, C and D. The D drive is only to hold backups of 103g of data in folders. I stated backing up the folders and was getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhillipLane2, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

I have 2 - 1TB hard drives, C and D. The D drive is only to hold backups of 103g of data in folders. I stated backing up the folders and was getting 103g on the D drive backup folders. I then had to bitlocker the D drive. Once it was bitlockered, I noticed that the weekly 103g folder backups are now only 44g of data. This has happened several times. Does anyone have any suggestions or reasoning of why this is happening?

Thank you.

***Title Modified Original: Bitlocker***

:)

PhillipLane2, Feb 9, 2019

2. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 9, 2019
  3. how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

1. Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Change folder size

2. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  3. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  4. Boot fails after enabling bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot fails after enabling bitlocker: Hi! After enabling Bitlocker on my Windows 10 system drive I'm unable to boot. I have turned on Bitlocker on my C drive with the full-drive encryption and new-not-backward-compatible-encryption options not sure how are the options exactly called. I have backed up the recovery...
  5. Is it be possible to format a bitlocker enabled drive to a different cluster size without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it be possible to format a bitlocker enabled drive to a different cluster size without...: Is it be possible to format a bitlocker enabled drive to a different cluster size without redoing bitlocker? submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkahnx/is_it_be_possible_to_format_a_bitlocker_enabled/
  6. Bitlocker Not Enabling

Bitlocker Not Enabling: I just started up Bitlocker, and completed most of the process, but the program ever got around to encrypting. I assume this is due to system administrator lock-out, but I've confirmed I have sys admin privileges. This is a brand-new computer without a network. Attached is...
  7. Enabling BitLocker

Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  8. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742
  9. Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging

Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging: I am trying to create a Windows 10 image for my organization, and cannot figure out one particular issue with Bitlocker. It seems that after I sysprep, and throw the image on a new computer, it then has BitLocker partially enabled. What I mean is that when going to the About...
  10. BitLocker after enabling boot to startup settings with winaero

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker after enabling boot to startup settings with winaero: Hi, I have a serious problem. I enabled the boot to startup settings option in winaero and now my computer boots to bitlocker. I checked online and I don't have the key for it. What can I do? (Computer is surface pro 3 i5 4g of ram) 25458

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loss of data after enabling bit locker