Windows 10: change in MS update procedure?

Discus and support change in MS update procedure? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a dual boot with two W10 systems. All updates, including the 1903 version, were easily performed at both systems independently. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PiKo, Nov 19, 2019.

1. PiKo Win User

change in MS update procedure?

I have a dual boot with two W10 systems. All updates, including the 1903 version, were easily performed at both systems independently. However, updating now one system to 1909 seems to prevent this update to the other system. Message: your device recently got the latest update....
    I think MS limited their update procedure in this respect. Or any suggestion?

:)

2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Nov 19, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 19, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. change in MS update procedure? - Similar Threads - change update procedure

2. Correct procedure to change from a hdd to an ssd on a laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct procedure to change from a hdd to an ssd on a laptop.: So, i want to upgrade my storage unit, from a hdd to an ssd on my laptop. And i want to know the correct way of doing it.I want to install a fresh solid state drive on my laptop, withouth any data loaded into it, i want to start from 0. I have heard something about gpt, but i...
  3. Correct procedure to change from a hdd to an ssd on a laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct procedure to change from a hdd to an ssd on a laptop.: So, i want to upgrade my storage unit, from a hdd to an ssd on my laptop. And i want to know the correct way of doing it.I want to install a fresh solid state drive on my laptop, withouth any data loaded into it, i want to start from 0. I have heard something about gpt, but i...
  4. What is the Procedure to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Procedure to ... ?: I have an existing Win 10 Pro 64 license, upgraded via Win 7 > 8 > 10. I want to Migrate to a larger SSD partitioned completely GUID. I want to save all Settings, Apps, Yada ... . That is, I want to restore a system image to a different SSD EFI partition. I have a Type C SATA...
  5. procedural problem

in Windows 10 Support
    procedural problem: was typing out some text in the Quick Reply box, hit Post Quick Reply and got a message to log in which i'd forgotten to do earlier. so i logged in then made my way back to my Quick Reply box but my test message had been deleted. as i was now logged in, i re-typed in what i...
  6. Ms support chat service, procedure changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms support chat service, procedure changed?: When I have got totally stuck and even this Forum has not helped, I have on a number of occasions got the issue resolved via the MS Support Chat Service, so I tried this with regard to the total failure of Bluetooth. This time the experience was quite different and not...
  7. change in MS opdate procedure?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change in MS opdate procedure?: I have a dual boot with two W10 systems. All updates, including the 1903 version, were easily performed at both systems independently. However, updating now one system to 1909 seems to prevent this update to the other system. Message: your device recently got the latest...
  8. Can't acess bios to change my boot procedures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't acess bios to change my boot procedures: Did an update on pc...update failed. Unable to access setup, control panel...Attempted to access bios boot from flash drive (can't access bios at startup). Help!...
  9. Windows 10 update procedure is wierd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update procedure is wierd: I have only had my Windows 10 laptop since November 2018 and so I am still getting used to the way it behaves. I still run a Windows 8.1 machine and I have used Windows 7 machines. In comparison to W7 & W8.1 my Win 10 Windows Update procedure seems weird as follows: -...
  10. CMOS procedure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMOS procedure: Hello Dell XPS 8300 I have tried to gently remove that CMOS battery but I cannot get it out. I don't want to press on the board to pry and I don't want to damage the clip as it is the positive piece for continuity. The manual is of no detailed help. It seems it is...