Windows 10: Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

Discus and support Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; PIN no longer available due to a change in security settings on a MS Surface laptop. I am told I have to set up a new PIN but I can't get into the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulKupferschmid, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

PIN no longer available due to a change in security settings on a MS Surface laptop. I am told I have to set up a new PIN but I can't get into the laptop to get to settings and reset the PIN. How am I to do this? This is a refurbished laptop with a new warranty.

:)

PaulKupferschmid, Aug 4, 2020

2. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

Resetting PIN on HP Pavilion 11k102U

Hi,

To reset pin to can follow the below steps:

• Click on the Windows icon in the left-hand corner of your screen, you’ll open up the Start menu. Next click on
      Settings.
    • When the Settings app opens, click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left pane. Under the PIN section, click on the “I forgot my PIN” link.
    • The password reset procedures differ between Microsoft account and local account.
    For Local Account:

• If you’re using a local account, Windows will prompt you to verify your local account password. Enter your password and click OK.
    You’re now prompted to set up PIN again. Enter 4 digit number for your new PIN login and click
    OK. If you want to remove and disable the PIN, click Cancel.

For Microsoft Account:

• If you PIN is for a Microsoft account, you’ll see this confirmation dialog. Click
      Continue to confirm that you really forgot your PIN.
    • Microsoft will send you a security code to validate that you are the owner of the Microsoft account. Enter the recovery email address for verification and click on
      Next.
    • Check your email account and look for a message from Microsoft account team. Copy the security code from the mail and paste it in the Code text box. Click on
      Next.
    • Now you can either set up a new PIN or click Cancel to disable/remove the PIN login completely.
    Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

1. Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN - Similar Threads - Change security settings

2. Unable to reset pin after security changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset pin after security changes: Hello. I'm trying to get into my laptop, but it's making me reset my pin. Unfortunately, the Microsoft account on my laptop is not my current one, and I no longer know the password or have access to the phone number linked. I don't know what to do. I have an online interview...
  3. Unable to reset pin after security changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset pin after security changes: Hello. I'm trying to get into my laptop, but it's making me reset my pin. Unfortunately, the Microsoft account on my laptop is not my current one, and I no longer know the password or have access to the phone number linked. I don't know what to do. I have an online interview...
  4. Unable to reset pin after security changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't reset Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Pin: I can sign into windows with my password, but am unable to change my pin.Instructions say go to settings>account>sign-in options>pinWhen I do, there's no option to change pin.There's a button that says "set up pin".When I click it, it asks to input pin. I tried several...
  6. Can't reset Pin

Can't reset Pin: I can sign into windows with my password, but am unable to change my pin.Instructions say go to settings>account>sign-in options>pinWhen I do, there's no option to change pin.There's a button that says "set up pin".When I click it, it asks to input pin. I tried several...
  7. Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin: I updated my bios and now the pin won't work. No dialog box pops up to reset it. I get this error. "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" but nothing happens when I click the prompt. I have booted...
  8. Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin

Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin: I updated my bios and now the pin won't work. No dialog box pops up to reset it. I get this error. "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" but nothing happens when I click the prompt. I have booted...
  9. How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?: As stated in the subject line, does anyone know how to disable having to change the Windows Hello PIN every couple months? I tried changing some of the registry editor values, in particular I followed the steps in this link:...
  10. can't reset pin due to "account disabled"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't reset pin due to "account disabled": So, I tried resetting my pin; but the thing is it says that my account is disabled. So I went into safe mode, and I went to the program to uncheck the option "Account Disabled". I press apply/ok, but then when I check, it says Account Disabed, and its checked. Any way how to...