Windows 10: Change initial icon photo and name for unlocking computer

Discus and support Change initial icon photo and name for unlocking computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I press the power button, my Dell PC immediately shows the unlock pin request and small photo. Both are from years ago and are no longer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CharlotteHammond1, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Change initial icon photo and name for unlocking computer

When I press the power button, my Dell PC immediately shows the unlock pin request and small photo. Both are from years ago

and are no longer correct. Cannot find a way to change them anywhere.

They are not the background, just the open computer pin and small round photo.

How do I change them...cannot find that option anywhere.

Thanks!

:)

CharlotteHammond1, Apr 22, 2021

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Apr 22, 2021
  3. How do i change the computer name

Hi John,

Are you using Microsoft Account or Local account to login to Windows?

If you are using Local account follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R to open Run command window.
    • Type sysdm.cpl and press enter.
    • Click on the “Change” button to rename the computer.
    • Under “Computer Name” change the computer name.
    • Then click on OK, then when prompted reboot your device
    To Change Computer Name in Settings app

1. Open Settings and click/tap on the
    System icon.

2. Click/tap on About on the left side, and click/tap on
    Rename PC on the right side.

If you are using Microsoft Account follow these steps:

• Sign in to the
      Your information page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Under your name, select Edit name. If there’s no name listed yet, select
      Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then select Save. Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.
    • On Windows 10 PC restart the computer.

Hope this helps,

John Rubdy, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Change initial icon photo and name for unlocking computer

name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Change initial icon photo and name for unlocking computer

1. Change initial icon photo and name for unlocking computer - Similar Threads - Change initial icon

2. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  3. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  4. how do i change the name on the initial settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change the name on the initial settings.: when i open settings on my computer, it has my name below that is local account and below that is says Sign in. how do i change that in the initial settings, one method i tried didn't change this name, just a name somewhere else?im talking about the initial settings. the one...
  5. Icon changing names for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon changing names for no reason: I was using my PC recently and had to go into "This PC" from Windows System in Start List. When i entered there were folders for Desktop and Documents but no downloads folder. Music , Pictures and Videos folders were there. At this stage i noticed Downloads had been renamed...
  6. Changing dekstop icon names

Changing dekstop icon names: Alright so the question i'm about to ask will sound stupid, but for my OCD it's quite nerve racking/Important. I had to return my laptop to the shop so i decided to clean wipe my laptop. Which obviously resulted in me having to redownload my apps, but i was okay with this....
  7. Change computer name

Change computer name: What happens if I change the name of my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-computer-name/c6754c42-6398-4b42-9d1a-3f7d644fe917
  8. change name of computer

change name of computer: Need to change name of computer and sign on screen. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-computer/4d3706d2-64d8-44ba-b0cb-5a8b442c451d
  9. Changing computer name

Changing computer name: Hello I recently purchased a new hp laptop computer for my business. My coworker set up the computer not knowing what i needed computer name to be and also logged into Microsoft through it. My question is do i need to return computer to factory to change the computer and...
  10. Changing the computer name?

Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....