Windows 10: change input language

Discus and support change input language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MiwaMurazawa, May 4, 2019.

1. change input language

Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The task bar shows still "A" and cannot change it. Even if I could change by just happening, the hiragana characters cannot be changed to kanji characters.

Also, the control panel have just date and time and region, not including language, and cannot find a "change input methods" tab. Is this normal? Could someone help me how to solve this issue?

T.M.

:)

MiwaMurazawa, May 4, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 4, 2019
  3. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, May 4, 2019
  4. delijohn Win User

change input language

Problem with input languages (changing)

My display language is English (us).
    I just have greek as an option to write.
    Today I booted my pc again and I had the two correct languages (english us and greek).
    Now I have english uk too.
    But I can't remove it. Neither from settings, nor from control panel.

change input language [​IMG]

The laptop was bought from UK, so I understand that maybe the (native) language somehow was english uk, but how do I find this setting and how do I change it?
    I made a new user, not admin, to check if the problem appears here too. After one day, the new user has the same problem with englush uk appearing again.

I also found this and I did the steps 12-13-14-15 (for english us) and I hope it will stay this way.

delijohn, May 4, 2019
Thema:

change input language

1. change input language - Similar Threads - change input language

2. Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  3. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  4. Language input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language input: My display language is English and I prefer it this way but when it comes to input, I only need Polish Programmers and Hebrew. Polish keyboard is perfectly fine for both the English and the Polish languages but when it comes to using the English keyboard for Polish... Well,...
  5. Language input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language input: My display language is English and I prefer it this way but when it comes to input, I only need Polish Programmers and Hebrew. Polish keyboard is perfectly fine for both the English and the Polish languages but when it comes to using the English keyboard for Polish... Well,...
  6. Input Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  7. Input Language

in Windows 10 News
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  8. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  9. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  10. Problem with input languages (changing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with input languages (changing): Hello to all! I have a weird problem and it doesn't happen all the time, so I can't reproduce it. I spotted it 7-8 months ago and it happens again and again, more and more. The truth is that it's more irritating, than an actual problem. I use a computer that has two...