Windows 10: CHange "input locale" in windows 10

Discus and support CHange "input locale" in windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to change "input locale" to German in Windows 10. But I am not able to. When I check the systeminfo; in commandprompt , "System Locale"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kiran42, May 14, 2020.

1. Kiran42 Win User

CHange "input locale" in windows 10

Hi,

I want to change "input locale" to German in Windows 10. But I am not able to.

When I check the systeminfo; in commandprompt ,

"System Locale" is changing to German, But "Input Locale" is always coming as "en-us".

So Could you please let me know, How to change it ?

Also if there is any powershell script to change it.

:)

Kiran42, May 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 14, 2020
  4. CHange "input locale" in windows 10

How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, May 14, 2020
Thema:

CHange "input locale" in windows 10

1. CHange "input locale" in windows 10 - Similar Threads - CHange input locale

2. Windows 10 not remembering applications input/output changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not remembering applications input/output changes: Hello.Im trying to tackle the issue that im experiencing with changes for input/output setting for individual applications.As im trying to make a streaming setup i have my PC connected to audio mixer so i can split audio channels the way i want and keep the streams clean.My...
  3. Windows 10 input language changes on boot

Windows 10 input language changes on boot: As you can see below I have 3 language packs installed: english, german and japanese. I set my display language to english but want to use QWERTZ as I grew up with that. But whenever I log into my user account it automatically switches to Japanese even though I set the...
  4. input language local or global?

in Windows 10 Support
    input language local or global?: While setting up the new machine (my first working machine on Windows 10, before I was always working on Windows 7) I noticed a strange "feature": when I change the input language, it stays changed for all windows in contrast to Windows 7, where the setting applied to the...
  5. Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10: Hello, As far as I understand there is no option to select your camera input just like selecting recording device input. People suggest that to disable the unused cameras on "Device Manager" but this is not an elegant way to do it. So please add Default Camera Input...
  6. Changing local account username in Windows 10

Changing local account username in Windows 10: Hi All, I would like to change my local windows account in windows 10 home. but strangely I do not see any option. Dont think it is an advance setting for it to be so hard to find. I am only seeing "sign in to microsoft account" under Account settings. Please let me...
  7. Windows 10, change local administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, change local administrator password: I have one computer in my home with one user account and that account is administrator . It is connected to a online Microsoft (Microsoft live?) account with my email as user name. I use a local password to log in to my computer. My local password and my online Microsoft...
  8. change input language

change input language: Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The...
  9. Change System Locale in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System Locale in Windows 10: How to: Change System Locale in Windows 10 How to Change System Locale in Windows 10 The system locale controls the language used when displaying text on programs that do not support Unicode. Changing the system locale will not affect the language in menus and...
  10. Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Input Device in Windows 10 The default sound input device is the device that Windows uses to record or hear sound. When you connect more than one microphone or other recording devices...