Windows 10: Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

Discus and support Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I often switch between my speakers and my headset throughout the day. When I change the audio source of my speakers, how can I make it set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EmRav, Dec 1, 2020.

1. /u/EmRav Win User

Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

Hi there,

I often switch between my speakers and my headset throughout the day. When I change the audio source of my speakers, how can I make it set the default mic as my webcam and when I change the audio source to my headset how can I make it choose my headset mic instead?

I would like this to trigger automatically. Right now when I change the audio source to my headset it leaves the webcam mic as the main input source.

Thanks for any help! Also, I am comfortable with setting up an AUTOHOTKEY script or something like that if need be. I am a software dev so no need to dumb it down.

submitted by /u/EmRav
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EmRav, Dec 1, 2020

2. Photos App Source Keeps Changing Back to Default

I have tried all the steps you provided and found out that in clean boot that the source does not change. With this knowledge I enabled the startup objects one by one to see which one was causing the problem. I have found that OneDrive is responsible for
    the sources changing. Is there any way I can stop OneDrive from changing the source?

Firehawken, Dec 1, 2020
  3. How to change monitor source.

Hi James

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You would likely need hardware device such as KVM Switch in order to do that.

There might also be a menu selection option available on your monitor that you can find by pressing the physical buttons to change the output source. Not all will have it.

I also found a utility called AutoKey that might help, but it requires scripting it to do so:

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/96884-change...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

HDMI audio disappears after TV power off or change source

Ever since I updated to Windows 10, I've been having this issue.
    On computer start up with the TV on and set to the computer source, it works fine. As soon as we switch the TV source or turn the TV off we lose the audio when we go back to the computer source. The Philips TV I use as my monitor disappears from the available sound sources, and I have a red x in the volume setting on the task bar.
    Rebooting the computer is the only way I've found to bring the sound back.
    This is the exact same computer and TV I used with no issues for over a year before upgrading to Windows 10.

I have installed the latest realtek audio driver listed on this site. I have used the ACER care centre to look for updates, but it says there are none. I've also tried switch out from the realtek to the standard windows driver, but nothing has solved the problem.

I have an ACER XC-605 media PC.
    Operating system : ,Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Processor : ,Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Memory : ,6GB
    Graphics device : ,Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
    Audio device 1 : ,Intel(R) Display Audio
    Audio device 2 : ,Realtek High Definition Audio

Any suggestions?

EmileBeaulieu, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

1. Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source? - Similar Threads - Change Input Mic

2. change the source of the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the source of the app: trying to install an app that does not exist in the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-source-of-the-app/cbc13da6-4d94-43a1-8e97-ea5dad4603d8
  3. change the source of the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change the source of the app: trying to install an app that does not exist in the microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-source-of-the-app/cbc13da6-4d94-43a1-8e97-ea5dad4603d8
  4. Change source from TV to input jacks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change source from TV to input jacks.: On Windows XP media center edition 2005. I am trying to change the source from the TV tuner to one of the RCA input jacks. But my remote doesn't have a Source button, and I can't find any controls in the software to change the Source. Anybody know how?...
  5. Change source from TV to input jacks.

Change source from TV to input jacks.: On Windows XP media center edition 2005. I am trying to change the source from the TV tuner to one of the RCA input jacks. But my remote doesn't have a Source button, and I can't find any controls in the software to change the Source. Anybody know how?...
  6. AUDIO INPUT SOURCE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED

AUDIO INPUT SOURCE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED: I have been using Microsoft voice recorder for several years and now suddenly today it comes up telling me that my audio input source has been disconnected and that recording is paused. This problem has come about in the past week. There have been no changes on the computer...
  7. External Monitor becomes a ghost when changing input sources

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor becomes a ghost when changing input sources: I currently acquired my second Windows 10 computer. They both have a primary monitor and share a external monitor both connected to different HDMI inputs. Every time I change the input source on the external monitor Windows doesn't seem to auto detect the monitor is no longer...
  8. How to change monitor source.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change monitor source.: Hello, Here is my set up and question. I have a desktop tower running windows 10 connected to a monitor through an HDMI cable. The monitor has multiple input connections, I have a VGA cable also connected to the monitor that is connected to my security camera system. So my...
  9. how to change webcam source

how to change webcam source: hi,is there any way to change the webcam in my facebook video call because it always uses the IR camera instead of the normal webcam [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-webcam-source/55972288-49bd-46dd-a250-9fe110e1bcdf
  10. Changing paper source when printing.

Changing paper source when printing.: When printing how do I change the paper source from rear tray to cassette and from cassette to rear tray? I've tried over and over in different ways. I was able to do it a couple times but it took so long that I don't even know what I did....