Windows 10: Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC and installed a new motherboard and CPU. However, I have transferred over my SSD from my old PC which has my installed copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarisPanayiotou, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

I recently upgraded my PC and installed a new motherboard and CPU. However, I have transferred over my SSD from my old PC which has my installed copy of Windows 10

However, as I have switched motherboards, I need to re-activate windows 10. Previously, my PC had Windows 10 home, and this is what is installed on my boot drive.

However I purchased a key for Windows 10 pro, which is not allowing me to activate Windows 10 Home.

My question is: How do I go about changing my installed OS from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro so that my product key will work?

:)

HarisPanayiotou, Oct 26, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

1. Change installed OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Change installed Home

2. changing from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home: how would i change from windows 10 pro to home. i have not bought a product key it activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-from-windows-10-pro-to-windows-10-home/6e3d0fa6-ea89-4cae-9c1b-802ef5dc6594
  3. changing from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home: how would i change from windows 10 pro to home. i have not bought a product key it activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-from-windows-10-pro-to-windows-10-home/6e3d0fa6-ea89-4cae-9c1b-802ef5dc6594
  4. changing from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing from corporate Windows 10 Pro to Window 10 Home

Changing from corporate Windows 10 Pro to Window 10 Home: I have recently retired and my company allowed me to keep my work laptop. Since I am no longer on the corporate intranet my Windows 10 Pro is no longer valid. I purchased Windows 10 Home and downloaded and installed. Windows says it is digitally activated but it seems to...
  6. Change from Windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change from Windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have Windows 10 home 20H2 and want to change it to Windows Pro, how do I do that? I was told that on "system" click on change or upgrade your edition of windows, then if inserting a windows 10 pro key, will work? And if it works, do I loose anything or it just...
  7. Unable to change from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home.

Unable to change from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home.: Hello, I am new to computers as I recently got one with the intent of using it primarily for gaming. My friend gave me a trial version of windows 10 on a flash drive, and it gave me the option to choose between a multitude of Windows 10, including Home and Pro. I chose the...
  8. change from windows 10 pro n installation to windows 10 home

change from windows 10 pro n installation to windows 10 home: Hi, I installed windows 10 on a pc I just built. The key I used for windows 10 pro n must not have been a good one, because it says I need to activate it, but I can't, there is simply the message of "we can't activate windows on this device as we can't connect to your...
  9. change back to windows 10 home from pro

change back to windows 10 home from pro: some how my lap top has windows pro instead of windows 10 home. How do I go back to windows home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-back-to-windows-10-home-from-pro/220fd632-32a6-4ff0-a238-d5e8c814ceff
  10. Install the Windows 10 Home OS from 0

Install the Windows 10 Home OS from 0: Respectfully, I have a Windows 10 Home installed for two years and tonight I want to install it. Please help me with a Windows 10 Home installation from 0. I want from buckler stick to installing programs and drivers (optimization, performance, low resource consumption, etc.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change OS to pro

2. change OS from home to pro online