Windows 10: Change internal SATA disk from removeable to fixed in Windows 10

Discus and support Change internal SATA disk from removeable to fixed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just spent a long time trying to find the best answer for this and wanted to save people some time... this is specifically for Windows 10. (So, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Username2012, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Change internal SATA disk from removeable to fixed in Windows 10

I just spent a long time trying to find the best answer for this and wanted to save people some time... this is specifically for Windows 10.
    (So, the answer is basically here: http://superuser.com/a/961242

Add a new "Multi String Value" called "TreatAsInternalPort" to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device with the values "0|1|2|3|4|5|" (the | symbolizes a new line)
    (I had to reboot two (2) times before the changes took.)

I had to do this fix because BitLocker has different options specifically for fixed, local, internal drives as opposed to a USB drive or eSATA drive which is removable. Also, this gets rid of the "Eject" option in Windows 10 for mislabeled internal HDDs.

This is what it looks like when storing the values into "TreatAsInternalPort":

:)

Username2012, Sep 26, 2015
  2. Nerd3000 Win User

Notify Folders in File Explorer

@JTBurnett: I experience the exact same problem - can you please give your Crashplan ticket number to refer to when I address the issue at Crashplan?

I suspect this might have to do with Windows 10 initially thinking some of my internal drives were external drives ...

Fixed that issue using Change internal SATA disk from removeable to fixed in Windows 10 Solved - Windows 10 Forums but of course I'd like to see the notify<randomnumber> issue fixed ...

Thx!

Nerd3000, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media on Z77x-UD5H-WB WiFi and Win10 Enterprise

Hi Justin,

Since the query is related to Windows 10 Enterprise operating system,
    I suggest you to post your query in the TechNet forum. IT Professionals on
    TechNet Forums are well equipped and will assist you better in resolving the issue you are facing with.

TechNet forum link:

Technet forums

Write to us for assistance regarding any Windows query, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Change internal SATA disk from removeable to fixed in Windows 10

Well, I just installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers and all the corrected fixed drives that were once removable changed back to removable. I also installed the latest Intel Chipset Software and Marvell SATA Controller drivers. And I'm not completely sure which driver update switched them back to removable. So, I recommend installing the drivers first before doing the fix above to the registry. I am going to attempt to do the fix again and if I have problems I'll write back here otherwise consider it done.

Username2012, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Change internal SATA disk from removeable to fixed in Windows 10

1. Change internal SATA disk from removeable to fixed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change internal SATA

2. Unknow SATA disk removed, and moved??????? Optimal Resolution??????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknow SATA disk removed, and moved??????? Optimal Resolution??????: Hello, This started happening on my pc today, I installed drivers for a new printer i bought Canon Pixma TS3150, And a few hours later weird things started happening. The printer works ok, but I get weird notifications like ''This is not Optimal Resolution For your pc, Please...
  3. UNKNOW SATA DISK REMOVED?

UNKNOW SATA DISK REMOVED?: Hello, This started happening on my pc today, I installed drivers for a new printer i bought Canon Pixma TS3150, And a few hours later weird things started happening. The printer works ok, but I get weird notifications like ''This is not Optimal Resolution For your pc, Please...
  4. Internal SATA SSD isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal SATA SSD isn't recognised: Hello, I wanted to upgrade my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but kept getting an error. In the process of trying to upgrade, I somehow managed to get my PC to stop recognising one of the secondary hard drives, internally connected to the PC. The only thins that I...
  5. Problem after "Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media" fix

Problem after "Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media" fix: I had a problem with my SSD showing up as a removeable drive. It always seemed like there were hesitations with that drive so I thought I should fix the proble. To do so, I followed this Microsoft recommendation: Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media This is the...
  6. How to Change Boot Disk from Internal HDD to External SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Boot Disk from Internal HDD to External SSD: I've cloned C onto new external SSD. All I need now is: How do I make the PC boot from the new external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-boot-disk-from-internal-hdd-to/c32a0a25-6c69-4d8a-9835-ad20bb4bb05d
  7. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware': Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list. I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the...
  8. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  9. Internal SATA drives show as removable

Internal SATA drives show as removable: My motherboard has two SATA controllers. C: and D: are connected to a separate controller from the other two hard drives and one DVD burner. C: and D: show on the remove/eject menu. How do I get them off that? The last, and only other, time I encountered such a problem...
  10. Windows 10 Eject for internal disks

Windows 10 Eject for internal disks: Is there any way to remove eject from my internal drives. [img] 33313