Windows 10: Change key (numlock) to open program (calc), pref no 3rd party

Discus and support Change key (numlock) to open program (calc), pref no 3rd party in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop has a 10 key and I will literally never turn numlock off, and so I figured I could keep numlock to always be on (it's current behavior) as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tsiphon, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Change key (numlock) to open program (calc), pref no 3rd party

My laptop has a 10 key and I will literally never turn numlock off, and so I figured I could keep numlock to always be on (it's current behavior) as well as function to pull up the calc program.

I understand I can probably obtain this functionality from 3rd party apps, like Autohotkey or sharpkeys, but I wanted to see if this was possible without having an app running at all times (ie: changing registry values or some base behavior in windows). If I can only get this functionality by 3rd party, would you recommend Autohotkey, sharpkeys, or some other program?

To summarize: Keep numlock always on. Change numlock key to open a program (calc).

submitted by /u/Tsiphon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tsiphon, Sep 5, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?)

If you simply launch Notepad, rt click on the taskbar icon, you should see a jump list.

Change key (numlock) to open program (calc), pref no 3rd party [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User

You might be right on that! *Redface

Edwin, Sep 5, 2020
  4. pepanee Win User

Change key (numlock) to open program (calc), pref no 3rd party

*Note*: I may have disabled Recent Files list somewhere, but I don't really need that feature. I just want to open that last opened window if it was closed.

dalchina: I have the "Old-Skool" right clicking on the program in the task bar, because even though the new one looks nicer, there are times where I have encountered bugs with that when right clicking doesn't do anything. I dunno if it's software relates, or graphics card related, and I never wanted to deal with that. So I have this opion enabled, because it also has minimize, Maximize, etc...

Edwin: "It's the 'Pick up where you left off' part of Cortana... (WinKey+S)"
    I don't see what I see in your screenshot.

Callender:
    I 'may' check out "Quick Cliq", looks like a good app, but don't really want an additional Taskbar Icon in the right corner (or an extra open program) necessarily. But I may check it out.

dalchina: No jump lists for me, because of the first image above in this same reply.

Edwin:
    "My 'Recent's' are all (and I mean all of them!) on the Desktop, just one right click away, via QTTabBar..."
    Okay, I may check out QTTabBar, but it's an extra program in the background. Maybe a Registry tweak would be nice.

Extra info:
    I want my TaskBar to look clean just like the way it looks in this image. I don't want a search bar or anything additional other than what you see in the TaskBar:

*Final Note*: Maybe if in Classic Shell from the image above with "Recent items" if it can show the last 3 opened items or so (I'm all about simplicity) that would be great. It seems like Quick Cliq could change that amount, but lists it within its program in the bottom right of the screen.

pepanee, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Change key (numlock) to open program (calc), pref no 3rd party

1. Change key (numlock) to open program (calc), pref no 3rd party - Similar Threads - Change key numlock

2. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  3. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  4. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames: I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I have the following file structure.: FOLDER file1 file2Say I want to append Phil to the names, like PhilFile1 PhilFile2I'd...
  5. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames: I'd like to be able to change the names of a group of files in a folder by adding a constant to the beginning of the filename. For example suppose I have the following file structure.: FOLDER file1 file2Say I want to append Phil to the names, like PhilFile1 PhilFile2I'd...
  6. Is there a Windows or 3rd-party program to make mass changes to filenames

7. Change key (numlock) function, pref no 3rd party app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change key (numlock) function, pref no 3rd party app: I decided between two laptops recently and one thing I liked on the laptop I did not choose was the secondary behaviors of the Function keys. One started calc which is actually useful for me. Additionally my chosen laptop has a 10 key, so invoking calc quickly would be nice....
  8. Opening a 3rd party app

Opening a 3rd party app: I keep getting this message when I click on a link to a purchase, "you'll need a new app to open this mql4buy" I understand Microsoft Store will not have an app for opening this file. The app I purchased works for Meta Trader 4, a platform for forex trading. Can I...
  9. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...
  10. How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Open Last Window/Program (Maybe 3rd Party Program?): Hi, so sometimes I have Notepad open and I close off the folder where that text file I opened it from. But then I accidentally close off Notepad, then a second later, I noticed that I needed that Notepad file open again. Is there any other method of Searching/Going back to...