Windows 10: Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client

Discus and support Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store. In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jan Kramer, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client

Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store.

In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm connecting to via the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I must set the language setting on the Client (running Microsoft Remote Dektop) to English. Why is that?

I use the client (Windows 10 Pro) for various tasks so I must switch languages every time I want to make a connection to the server (MS Server 2012 r2). The Keyboard layout (US INTL) is exactly the same I had to set it up twice, once for my language (NLD) and once for English (ENG).

Did I mis a setting in the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, or must I make another configuration adjustment in order to avoid the tedious switching of languages.

***Original title: Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to English?***

:)

Jan Kramer, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Language Bar in Remote Desktop

With default Remote Desktop settings, I have no issues in selecting different language on remote client and host. In screenshot, my remote host is using its default Swedish keyaboard, at the same time allowing me to change it to any other installed language, and my remote client is using its default Finnish keyboard:

Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Both host and client allow me to set keyboard indepently to each and every application.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client

Remote Desktop Clients - April 2017 Update for Windows 10

Source: Remote Desktop Clients Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog

Brink, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client

1. Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client - Similar Threads - Change keyboard language

2. Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...: Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store. In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm connecting to via the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I must set the language setting on the Client (running Microsoft Remote Dektop)...
  3. Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder

Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder: Remote Desktop Client is working on my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. However, whenever i try to use it within my secure folder it says either my password or ID is incorrect. Any fixes for this?...
  4. Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu: Hi, I am trying to establish connection with an Ubuntu 18 machine I am building and am not able to get Remote Desktop to connect successfully. Is there something especial that I need to do? I have used the name and the IP address of the Ubuntu machine with same results: I...
  5. Change language by wireless microsoft keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change language by wireless microsoft keyboard: Hallo, I have troulbe changing between languages by my wireless microsoft keyboard all-in-one media, shift + alt does not seem to work. Can anyone help? Thank you * Original title: change languabe by wireless microsoft keyboard all-in-one media...
  6. Language Bar in Remote Desktop

Language Bar in Remote Desktop: Bonjour, I have a computer that I work with that I access via Remote Desktop. I'm working with two different language and keyboard layout, french canada and US English. The problem is, when I'm connected via RDP, the language bar is NOT available and can't switch from one...
  7. Language Bar in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar in Remote Desktop: Bonjour, I have a computer that I work with that I access via Remote Desktop. I'm working with two different language and keyboard layout, french canada and US English. The problem is, when I'm connected via RDP, the language bar is NOT available and can't switch from one...
  8. Easiest Remote Desktop apps for clients

Easiest Remote Desktop apps for clients: Can anyone recommend a good remote control software to use for ease of use on the end user? I have several clients who are not tech savvy at all (a few are elderly) and I'd love to have a very simple solution for me to remote connect to them. Thanks! 131626
  9. microsoft remote desktop

microsoft remote desktop: I changed the port associated with remote desktop now i cannot connect to the remote desktop PC unless I use chrome remote desktop. Is there any way to resolve this issue?...
  10. Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel: Feature request to add SSH tunnel as an alternative to RD Gateway. I thought it's pretty common, and RD Gateway is fantastically rare (and a living nightmare to set up, especially for those who don't own a Windows server). What does it take to get this feature added?...