Windows 10: Change Language from Chinese to English

Discus and support Change Language from Chinese to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AjishM, Jul 10, 2018.

1. AjishM Win User

Change Language from Chinese to English

I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?

:)

AjishM, Jul 10, 2018
  2. inam Win User

Language conversion from chinese to english

I bought new DELL (Inspiron 5559, 9LZM162) laptop but the window is in Chinese. I want convert Chinese to English language. I read How to Add or Remove Language Packs and change Display Language in Windows 10 and I did this all. Then i signed out and signed in but still language is in Chinese... I donʻt know how to change the Language. How and what to do plz help me....

3. can't change the language from chinese to English for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I would suggest you, try removing Chinese language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type Language in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Language.

• Select the Chinese language and click on
      Move down (if it is on the top).

• Click on Remove Option.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Change Language from Chinese to English

Need to change language from Chinese to English

Hello,

I realize your concern. Let me help you with this issue.

Before proceeding further, please answers few queries.

1. Was your pervious Windows 8.1 OS came with a Single Language pack and was it in the English Language?

2. Did you check if the Chinese language pack is installed on your system? If you find the Chinese language pack installed then try to uninstall.

If it is a single language pack, then please be informed that, you cannot change the language in the OS.

I would suggest you to try the steps, if you haven't tried before.

1. Press Windows + X key in the Windows desktop and click
    Control Panel.

2. Open Language.

3. Click on Add a Language and then select a desired language (Example: English) and click Open.

4. Now select a Language (Example: English (United States).

Note: Once you are done with setting the desired language, restart the computer and check.

Also, suggest you to refer to the response created by Andre Da Costa on
    Automatic Language change when upgrading to windows 10

Automatic Language change when upgrading to windows 10

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Change Language from Chinese to English

1. Change Language from Chinese to English - Similar Threads - Change Language Chinese

2. Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English: Hi, I've changed accidentally in my PC the Windows 10 News and Interests language from English to Chinese China, but I can't change the language from Chinese China to English, due to Internet censorship and ban. ¿How I can revert this? I've tried with a restoring point, but...
  3. I can't change my Window's 10 Language from Chinese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my Window's 10 Language from Chinese to English: I recently bought a PC from China and i cannot change my language. I bought it from a company called Thunderobot. Can someone please help me because it says your license only supports this language and i cannot download another language pack. Someone please help!...
  4. How to change stupid News and Interests language from Chinese back to English?

How to change stupid News and Interests language from Chinese back to English?: ^And dont tell me "click on setting button and choose in language dropdown" cuz there is no such thing in Chinese context.If there is no way then giving instruction to delete this BS,thank you...
  5. english subtitles for chinese spoken language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    english subtitles for chinese spoken language: hi, i am using media player classic home cinema, when i watch a movie on it, it is english speaking language but when it comes to a scene of chinese spoken language, there is no english sub to it, how do i download or set to english sub for chinese spoken language?...
  6. Chinese laptop can't change system language to English

Chinese laptop can't change system language to English: I live in China and I bought a Lenovo laptop in June 2020. The problem is that I can't seem to change the system language at all. I have installed several English language packs, but they can only be used for typing NOT for system display language. In the region/language...
  7. How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?

How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?: HW: Lenovo thinkpad T470 SW: x64 Win 10 1903 I had been used English as the display language for years. But it change to Chinese since the system updated itself to 1903 several days ago. I tried changing it back to English but it says "Only one display language is...
  8. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  9. change my chinese language to english

change my chinese language to english: Im trying to change my Chinese system language into English... wont change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-my-chinese-language-to-english/fb1036ee-78ba-455e-a356-8d5d73ebf4ea
  10. Language conversion from chinese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Language conversion from chinese to english: I bought new DELL (Inspiron 5559, 9LZM162) laptop but the window is in Chinese. I want convert Chinese to English language. I read How to Add or Remove Language Packs and change Display Language in Windows 10 and I did this all. Then i signed out and signed in but still...