Windows 10: Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Update was finished in Vietnam and I want to change it back to my preferred English home settings. I found the correct place to do this but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by grahamleo, Sep 28, 2019.

1. grahamleo Win User

Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge

My Update was finished in Vietnam and I want to change it back to my preferred English home settings.

I found the correct place to do this but I don't understand Vietnamese to click the correct buttons hoping that is will complete the process.

Thanks

:)

grahamleo, Sep 28, 2019

2. my language prefrence is japanese

my language prefrence is Japanese how do I change that???

***moved in english forum****

jesseletwin10, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    my language prefrence is japanese

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. How many language packs are installed in the computer?
    2. Do you mean language preference in a particular application or the entire system?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Tap on Time and language > Region and language.
    3. Click a particular language for example English.
    4. You will see three options underneath: “Set as default”, “Options”, “Remove”.
    5. Click on Set as default and make English as your default language.

For more information, you can check Add
    and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge

1. Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Change language prefrences

2. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  3. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  4. How to change the language in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the language in Microsoft: hi: I am a beautiful girl, but I can't read English, I have not passed the fourth levelCET-4, How to get past level four???????? shuan q Li hua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-language-in-microsoft/bebe9ac9-c96a-4659-bdfe-cd0bb2b5873d
  5. GPU prefrences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU prefrences: I just bought a new laptop which have nvidia rtx 3050 with windows 11 the problem im facing is that i turned off my intel UHD gpu and was only using rtx 3050 as i do gaming most of the time, when i was done with gaming i turned on netflix app and i saw that the app is...
  6. GPU prefrences

GPU prefrences: I just bought a new laptop which have nvidia rtx 3050 with windows 11 the problem im facing is that i turned off my intel UHD gpu and was only using rtx 3050 as i do gaming most of the time, when i was done with gaming i turned on netflix app and i saw that the app is...
  7. Microsoft Edge language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge language: I opened Microsoft Edge as usual and it came up in a foreign language....German? I have no idea how that happened or what I might have done to cause it. Windows 10 language setting is English. Deleted and reinstalled Microsoft, but it was the same foreign language> How do I...
  8. Microsoft Edge language

Microsoft Edge language: I opened Microsoft Edge as usual and it came up in a foreign language....German? I have no idea how that happened or what I might have done to cause it. Windows 10 language setting is English. Deleted and reinstalled Microsoft, but it was the same foreign language> How do I...
  9. my language prefrence is japanese

in Windows 10 Customization
    my language prefrence is japanese: my language prefrence is Japanese how do I change that??? ***moved in english forum**** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-language-prefrence-is-japanese/8fd512df-b4f0-4e40-8466-3cb895e7e5e4
  10. Edge will not change to system language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge will not change to system language: I installed a laptop in Dutch. Now I have to set it in french for another user. Everything is in French, except Edge, that's stil in Dutch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-will-not-change-to-system-language/eda6ec25-c96e-4167-a8d7-f3b288d128f4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change language preference in microsoft edge

2. edge browser change language

3. Why is my microsoft edge in a foreign language

4. change microsoft edge language to english after latest update,
  5. my microsoft edge is all ina foreign language today,
  6. language preferences microsoft edge