Windows 10: Change laptop NIC - Centrino N-2200 (2.4 GHz) to N-6205 (dual-band)

Discus and support Change laptop NIC - Centrino N-2200 (2.4 GHz) to N-6205 (dual-band) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I removed hardware from Windows pc's for other OS's but not Win10. Win10 is current with required updates on both laptops. I do not want to take this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RVC, May 10, 2020.

1. RVC
    RVC Win User

Change laptop NIC - Centrino N-2200 (2.4 GHz) to N-6205 (dual-band)

I removed hardware from Windows pc's for other OS's but not Win10. Win10 is current with required updates on both laptops. I do not want to take this simple change for granted. If memory serves me correctly the process I used to implement was with older Microsoft OS's was similar to:

1 - Remove hardware from OS configuration (i.e, delete from Device Magr or similar)
    2 - Turn of PC
    3 - Remove hardware (i.e., NIC in this example)
    4 - Boot PC
    5 - Hardware often recognized automatically by OS

I searched for related threads and tutorials but was unsuccessful.

:)

2. Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2200 works correctly in Linux Mint; but not in Windows 10, 1709

I have a Toshiba P873-S7102 laptop with Windows 10, 1709 installed. I have tried different solutions for the Windows 10 , supported Intel® Centrino®
    Wireless-N 2200; with no success. Also, I have successfully used a USB Edimax dongle on this laptop and have good connectivity; can see all available networks. The Intel wireless nic will not turn on; sees no available networks. I see not option
    to turn-on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2200 in the BIOS setup.

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2200 and Linux Mint 18..x.x has good connectivity right from boot; sees all available networks.

Ran troubleshooter; it just says the wireless nic is turned off and not fixed. Reset network; no change in symptom.

Verified this is no hardware issue by using Linux Mint to browse the Web; with no problem and no configuration difficulty using same laptop and Intel® Centrino®
    Wireless-N 2200.

William

William Lucid, May 10, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Lenovo Thinkpad T520 Wireless display issue

One of the following wireless adapters is required:
    • Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000, 1030, 2200, or 2230
    • Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2200 for Desktop
    • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200, 6205, 6230, or 6235
    • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 for Desktop
    • Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N WiMAX 6150
    • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N WiMAX 6250
    • Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    • Intel® Wireless-N 7260
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
    • Intel® Wireless-N 7265
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
    • Intel® Tri Band Wireless-AC 17265
    • Broadcom BCM43228*
    • Broadcom BCM43241*
    • Broadcom BCM4352*

RCoon, May 10, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

[?]Dual-band Wireless N adapter help

Yes, probably not the true speed, but it never is. I connected to a DLink 'N' router and could never get anything over 170 something.

I'll have to check later when I can grab Admin privs and run device manager *Smile Change laptop NIC - Centrino N-2200 (2.4 GHz) to N-6205 (dual-band) :)

Sasqui, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Change laptop NIC - Centrino N-2200 (2.4 GHz) to N-6205 (dual-band) - Similar Threads - Change laptop NIC

2. Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205: Hello,I have been dealing with this issue for so many days. The wifi was working fine. Suddenly, one day, this wifi card Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 stopped working. I don't recall if I had applied a Windows update. I went through so many advice and configuration to solve...
  3. Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205: Hello,I have been dealing with this issue for so many days. The wifi was working fine. Suddenly, one day, this wifi card Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 stopped working. I don't recall if I had applied a Windows update. I went through so many advice and configuration to solve...
  4. Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux: I have been using Arch Linux for a year on my laptop but then, I decided to dual-boot Arch Linux and Windows 10 but when I tried connecting to the internet it did not show any connections. So, I tried plugging in a CAT.5 cable and I got online. But i needed wireless to work...
  6. Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux: I have been using Arch Linux for a year on my laptop but then, I decided to dual-boot Arch Linux and Windows 10 but when I tried connecting to the internet it did not show any connections. So, I tried plugging in a CAT.5 cable and I got online. But i needed wireless to work...
  7. Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. IntelR Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IntelR Dual Band Wireless-N 7260: Greetings, I have a problem. Some time ago I have been using an Asus laptop with windows 8. When it was updated to Windows 10 I began to notice that the internet disconnected itself, and did not return, When I went to the network connections folder, I had 2 cases.1. the...
  9. Problems with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 on my laptop: Hello, Community. I'm having trouble with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 on my laptop (the specifications are at this link) Toshiba P755-S5380 Specs - CNET Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1909. The problem occurred after one of the last updates of Windows...
  10. Intel Centrino Wireless-N and Advanced-N Bluetooth Driver Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Centrino Wireless-N and Advanced-N Bluetooth Driver Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00177 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in ibtfltcoex.sys driver for Intel® Centrino® Wireless...