Windows 10: Change laptop ownership within family

Discus and support Change laptop ownership within family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop for my wife. Our older one was set up under her Microsoft account and both of us were using it under her account/name.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StefanKrüger1, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Change laptop ownership within family

I recently bought a new laptop for my wife. Our older one was set up under her Microsoft account and both of us were using it under her account/name. We recently got a new one and I want to remove her account and set it up under my Microsoft account without deleting any of the content on the laptop. I want everything to stay the same except that it must be my name that appear on the computer and not hers. I need help please.

:)

StefanKrüger1, Jun 2, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC.

Change laptop ownership within family [​IMG]

This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below.

I have even applied the changes to all subfolders...but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

blackbirdabhi, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Change laptop ownership within family

Transferring Ownership of Desktop to a Family Member

Hey! Thanks for replying!

• The account on the desktop being transferred to my mom is a Microsoft Account, I also use it on my current laptop.
    • I purchased MS Office 2010 for her, she said she should have the disc/product key but will look today.
    • I wish to transfer ownership of MS Office 2013 currently on the desktop, I've upgraded to MS Office 2016 on my laptop.
    • One of the main reasons I'm handing this down is the condition of her computer and that my gifted computer has been sitting for about six to eight months. It may have been longer but ... Should I update Windows prior to transferring ownership?
    Thank you for your time and efforts!

MR

MRileyDE302, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Change laptop ownership within family

1. Change laptop ownership within family - Similar Threads - Change laptop ownership

2. new ownership of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new ownership of laptop: Does the procedure provided by Helen Sexton apply equally to a Windows 11 machine? The answer was given for a Windows 10 machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ownership-of-laptop/7e005e85-1464-4034-8771-3461dfa62923
  3. new ownership of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new ownership of laptop: Does the procedure provided by Helen Sexton apply equally to a Windows 11 machine? The answer was given for a Windows 10 machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ownership-of-laptop/7e005e85-1464-4034-8771-3461dfa62923
  4. Changing PC ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  5. Changing PC ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PC ownership: I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft...
  6. Changing PC ownership

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. change ownership

in Windows 10 Customization
    change ownership: I am giving a friend my old laptop how do I change the name of the computer and change the lock screen and create a new admin acct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-ownership/3b3af5b9-868f-473e-8705-9126a83dc9d6
  8. Changing ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing ownership: Does changing ownership creates problems? I'm still not able to remove grayscale of encryption in advanced security menu. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ownership/e4bf2f9e-2046-43cd-b02c-0a888279b521
  9. Sharing purchases within family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing purchases within family group: I recently purchased a mashup pack in Minecraft for my son but we can only use it when logged into my gamertag. Is there a way to share these microtransactions within your family group??? Thank you...
  10. changing the ownership of a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing the ownership of a laptop: I got a laptop from my dad with his passwords and his Microsoft account, I want to change it to mine. how can I do that? and here,re the device info: Edition Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage Version 1803 OS Build 10.0.17134.285 Serial No. CND4256F40 Processor Intel(R)...