Windows 10: Change lid settings automatically when an app is open

Discus and support Change lid settings automatically when an app is open in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the lid settings automatically when an app is opened and changing them back when the app is closed? For example, if I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ratchet303, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Change lid settings automatically when an app is open

Is it possible to change the lid settings automatically when an app is opened and changing them back when the app is closed? For example, if I open Spotify, I want my lid settings to automatically change to "do nothing" and change back to "sleep" when I close Spotify.

:)

ratchet303, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Dheerajj Win User

Setting changes automatically for opening laptop lid

Whenever I set "require password on wakeup" it resets to it's default stage i.e it doesnot asks for a password whenever I open my Laptop lid.

Dheerajj, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Lid setting does not recoginize power status change

We manage the policy to set the “When I close the lid:” setting on our laptops to "Sleep" on battery and "Do Nothing" on plugged in. In the basic scenarios, the results are expected:

• With the laptop plugged in, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was not in sleep mode.
    • With the laptop running on battery, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was in sleep mode.

However, with the laptop plugged in, I close the lid and then unplug the power cable to put it on battery and then opened the lid. It is not in sleep mode. Is this an issue with the Windows 10 power management, or is there
    a setting where this can be corrected?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

Ryan P. Dempsey, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Change lid settings automatically when an app is open

Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

What is the make and model of your device?

Is it really going to Shutdown state?

Opening a Lid will make PC to wake it from Sleep Mode. I guess the same is happening in your situation. It might be going to sleep mode and opening Lid brings it back from the sleep. Why because, when system goes to complete shutdown, then it won't turn
    on automatically when you open the Lid, until unless you press Power button.

Suggest you to cross the same with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type
    Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Change lid settings automatically when an app is open

1. Change lid settings automatically when an app is open - Similar Threads - Change lid settings

2. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  3. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  4. Start up when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start up when opening the lid: My Windows 10 laptop has worked wonderfully until recently. Whenever I open the lid, it used to restart instantly. Now--nothing. I have to turn on the power button and wait for it to reboot. What has changed? How do I fix this? The only info I can find is regarding...
  5. lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open

lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open: lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open . I t is new lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-windows-turn-on-automatically-when-lid-is/7b4b3710-59f9-49b8-b7c5-4b27a57c07cd
  6. My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.

My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.: Hi, I have a ASUS vivobook S-15 530Fn. I'm having two problems with it, When i shut it down and don't put the lid down it automatically turns on again. Another is when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on.without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is...
  7. Setting the action when lid is closed

Setting the action when lid is closed: Is it possible to set this action to shut down, sleep or hibernate the computer? What is the effect on battery life of sleep or hibernate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-the-action-when-lid-is-closed/7841bd04-51d2-4421-93bc-0bb887938c54
  8. Background app settings changing automatically.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background app settings changing automatically.: Hi, when I change background app settings to "off", it changes automatically to "on" after next reboot. This uses more battery and data in background. What's the solution?[ATTACH]...
  9. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...
  10. Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10 How to Change how Apps and Websites Automatically Open for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more...