Windows 10: Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Since this is for a laptop, check to see if you may have any OEM power management software installed. It's settings may be overriding what you have set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by win10noob0010, Jul 18, 2017.

1. tsuak Win User

Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

Didn't find any power management software.

tsuak, Apr 19, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

@tsuak,

After testing different settings on my laptop, I had to set this below for it to work on it to not turn off the display. It appears that on some systems the "Turn off display" setting will override "Console lock display off timeout". It kinda defeats the purpose of only turning off on the lock screen though.

Set "Turn off display after" to "Never".

Set "Console lock display off timeout" to "0".

Brink, Apr 19, 2018
  3. tsuak Win User
    I got the same

Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 [​IMG]

tsuak, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is it not turning off for you with these settings?

Brink, Apr 22, 2018
  5. tsuak Win User
    haven't got, what do you mean?

tsuak, Apr 22, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Does having it set with this prevent your display from turning off automatically?

Brink, Apr 22, 2018
  7. tsuak Win User
    NO. Displays still goes black after several minutes as i said before.

tsuak, Apr 22, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Just verifying.

I must admit that I'm not sure why your display is still automatically turning off despite being set not to.

Brink, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Lock Screen

2. set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    set screen saver and turn off timeout for several displays in Windows 10: I use dual monitor, Extend screen. When I'm working on one monitor the other one is idle, so it should go to screen saver or turn off In order not to be harmed. How can I set screen saver or screen turn off timeout for each monitor separately....
  3. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Timeout: Hi all! I have an odd issue: My computer running Windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362 won't auto-lock the screen. It turns off the screen like it ought to after 10 minutes but won't lock unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Any ideas on how to get the machine to lock when the...
  4. Lock Screen Timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Timeout?: Hi All, I have set my display to never lock me out (i work from home) when both on power and battery. However, my screen still locks me out and shows me inactive after 5 minutes. I could be on the phone taking notes and my screen will timeout and lock. Is there something I...
  5. Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition: After spending time searching how to disable the Windows 10 Home lock screen I finally came across these 2 articles which worked for me. how-disable-windows-10-lock-screen how-to-change-the-windows-10-lock-screen-timeout This is posted to help the hundreds who are...
  6. Screen lock or timeout

Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  7. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...
  8. Display, desktop, lock, and timeout

Display, desktop, lock, and timeout: There are 3 different personalized screens I am finding. The standard desktop background, and the lock screen. I am having trouble finding a way to customize this 3rd screen which is a timeout screen that plays a slideshow about a minute after inactivity. I move the mouse or...
  9. Console Lock Display Dff Timeout not working on 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Console Lock Display Dff Timeout not working on 10: I have added the Console Lock Display off time out to the advanced power options. However; the display does not turn off after locking the desktop. The only solution i could find in Windows 8 was to reset the user security policies , but i cannot find that option in Windows...
  10. Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" from Power Options in Windows 10 locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display. The Console lock...