Windows 10: Change lock screen password onlzy

Discus and support Change lock screen password onlzy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a laptop that I'm going to use for office work when not at home. So I'd like to keep getting asked for a password. But it's quite... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NikeZP, Nov 8, 2018.

1. NikeZP Win User

Change lock screen password onlzy

Hi,

I just got a laptop that I'm going to use for office work when not at home. So I'd like to keep getting asked for a password. But it's quite annoying that the lock screen password is my microsoft password. It has become an abomination because it can't be set to an already used password, and therefore I can't use the one I've always used for PC's. So I'd like to ask if there is an option or a way to change only the lock screen password to something I have used in the past?

Thanks in advance!

:)

NikeZP, Nov 8, 2018

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Change lock screen password onlzy

Lock Screen Password

Hi Eashwar,

About your concern on enabling password protected lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Click Accounts.
    • On the right panel select Sign-in options > Under Password you'll see the option to add password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Change lock screen password onlzy

1. Change lock screen password onlzy - Similar Threads - Change lock screen

2. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  3. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  4. Changing lock screen name and adding password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing lock screen name and adding password: Hi there, my laptop has been away getting repaired and they have obviously set up some kind of account which they don't need to login to to allow them access for the repair. Now it comes up as the account on my lockscreen rather than my own account and doesn't have a password...
  5. Changing lock screen name and adding password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing lock screen name and adding password: Hi there, my laptop has been away getting repaired and they have obviously set up some kind of account which they don't need to login to to allow them access for the repair. Now it comes up as the account on my lockscreen rather than my own account and doesn't have a password...
  6. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  7. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  8. Characters change in password field on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Characters change in password field on lock screen: I have a unique issue that I have been living with for a long time, but am determined to resolve now. I am using Windows 10, and on the lock screen, since I built the computer, I have always had an issue with the password field changing my characters. I have tried with both...
  9. Change Lock screen Password on laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Lock screen Password on laptop: How do I change my Lock Screen password on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-lock-screen-password-on-laptop/8ed99547-c296-443c-a7ae-2b9ce62b850e
  10. Unable to change password on the lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....