Windows 10: Change logon screen user name

Discus and support Change logon screen user name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenPatterson-Kane, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Change logon screen user name

My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All OK now except that the user name is Huawei instead of my name. I would like to correct this. Presume that it needs editing of the Registry, Can anybody till me what I have to edit?

:)

KenPatterson-Kane, Dec 21, 2020
  2. tfwul Win User

Two identical user names on logon screen - why?

Hi Brink,
    One of the first things I do is to run netplwiz, then untag the option, apply, reboot. There is only 1 account listed there.
    Not sure how I should/could do it differently to be honest.
    I do this because I hate to login each time at rebooting during the setup of applications, etc.
    That aside, I am the only user.

As said, when setting up Windows, I get this 'Who is going to be using this PC' and I don't exactly know what to insert there.
    First name, last name or just first name?
    And what if the name there differs from the account (full) name?
    No idea whether that is causing a 'conflict'.

Change logon screen user name [​IMG]

Change logon screen user name [​IMG]

tfwul, Dec 21, 2020
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Change logon screen user name

Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Change logon screen user name

1. Change logon screen user name - Similar Threads - Change logon screen

2. "Changing" User name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Changing" User name?: I have read that changing the user name is difficult if not near impossible but I am thinking more like creating a new local account, copying across any data and then deleting the original account.I am just looking for the best way to do this.Now we tried adding a new "other...
  3. Other User on logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  4. Shortcut to change user on logon screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to change user on logon screen?: Is there a keyboard shortcut to change from an user to another on the logon screen? submitted by /u/filmol [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6scf4/shortcut_to_change_user_on_logon_screen/
  5. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  6. CHANGING USER NAMES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGING USER NAMES: Am using Windows 10 on two different laptops which, when in use are logged into the same MS account. I have a particular piece of software on each laptop where I want to set the backup path to my OneDrive, however, the path on each laptop differs slightly, as follows:...
  7. Two identical user names on logon screen - why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two identical user names on logon screen - why?: Noticed that I am not the only one facing this issue after a fresh install. One way or the other it will be solved, but I wonder why it is showing up in the first place? Somewhere along the setup there is a screen that says: "Who's going to use this PC? - What name do you...
  8. 2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden

2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden: I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from scratch 2 days ago. All of a sudden I noticed yesterday evening I have 2 usernames on the logon screen. It normally boots directly into Windows (I turn off requiring password on NETPLWIZ screen). But now it comes up with Invalid...
  9. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen: Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the message: [img] When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login. How can I disable this...
  10. How to change order of users on Windows logon screen

How to change order of users on Windows logon screen: I have three users (all with local accounts) on my PC and some time ago I disabled the auto-login using the process described here: Solved Help with multiple users login screen! This worked perfectly as the users appeared in alphabetical order as follows: UserA (with...