Windows 10: Change main download drive from C: to D:.

Discus and support Change main download drive from C: to D:. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarekWeiss, May 23, 2022.

1. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and error 0x80070005.Does anybody how to repair this?

:)

MarekWeiss, May 23, 2022
  2. Maryssa22 Win User

Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, May 23, 2022
  3. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?

Bill Jackson007, May 23, 2022
  4. LHuck Win User

Change main download drive from C: to D:.

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

DaveM121,

If I do your first suggestion so I no longer see the D drive will that let me download and install the Nox player on my computer and will it automatically go to my C drive instead of the D drive like it has been doing?

If I do your second suggestion again will I be able to download and install Nox player on my computer?

And finally, which is the best all-a-round option?

Thanks,

LHuck, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Change main download drive from C: to D:.

1. Change main download drive from C: to D:. - Similar Threads - Change main download

2. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  3. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop: 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am...
  4. Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive: Bought Forza Horizon 4 and wanting to download it to my d: drive because my c: drive is too full with other files. Every time I try to change it in my settings where I want it to go to I get error code 0x80070005....
  5. is it ok to delete the the C: drive and move to D: drive as the main one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it ok to delete the the C: drive and move to D: drive as the main one?: im not the best at these kinda stuff. i dual booted 2 windows 10 operating systems. the C: drive contains a 32-bit Windows 10 version, and the D: drive contains a 64-bit Windows version. ive been using the 64-bit version a lot now and its been a while since i use the 32-bit...
  6. Changing Main drive letter from C to A risks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Main drive letter from C to A risks: Hello, I’d like to change the main boot/ windows/ mostly everything drive letter from “C” to “A” mainly for aesthetic purposes. When trying to change via disk management it warns me that “Some programs that rely on drive letters might not run properly”, I’ve read online...
  7. Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...: Hi ! I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to the D:\ folder. Now instead of moving the folder to the other drive, the location of downloads IS the drive, meaning all the...
  8. Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching Game download and install from C to D drive: i recently bought sea of theives from the microsoft store and when it updated it came to my attention the game installed into the c drive not the d which is much bigger.. its telling me i have to clear up space but there is not the space to be cleared on c i need to know how...
  9. Download problems after changing location from C to D

in Windows 10 Support
    Download problems after changing location from C to D: Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I have changed location for downloading files to D in computer settings and in my Firefox. But files either don`t download at all...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...