Windows 10: Change MDI Child Border via Registry?

Discus and support Change MDI Child Border via Registry? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hey r/windows the developers of a program i use often for some reason never stylized some aspects of their GUI to follow themes like other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grodhisatva, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Change MDI Child Border via Registry?

hey r/windows

the developers of a program i use often for some reason never stylized some aspects of their GUI to follow themes like other applications do, specifically the child windows which have that ridiculous aero theme border from win7.

trying to figure out if there's a way to change this via registry? as in, can I change the default look of child windows or wtvr resource the application is pointing at to grab that style. i've looked high and low and cannot find anything specific to child window borders.

submitted by /u/grodhisatva
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grodhisatva, Nov 27, 2020

2. In mfc MDI project the onfilenew restores the existing fullscreen MDI child. Any way to disable the restore.

Dear All,

I have a MFC MDI project where in on start a maximised MDI child window is created. Later the user can create more MDI children. It is observed that when more children (12 of them) are created by OnFileNew()
    the existing maximized MDI child is restored and we see the restored mdi child window on screen.

Is there a way to stop the restoring of the existing maximized MDI child window.

I have got screenshot which shows the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakesh

What I have tried:

I have tried creating the new children in hide mode (SW_HIDE). It didnt work. I tried creating the new children in very small size and outside the mdi main frame client area.

I have tried putting the existing window on top

(

Hide Copy Code
    )

and then making calls to OnFileNew();

Nothing worked.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

rptutor2012, Nov 27, 2020
  3. custom MDI child window title bar thickness

Dear All,

I have a MDI project. Multiple child windows are created. I want to customize the frame of the child windows. The title bar thickness needs to be reduced. I tried to handle ON_WM_NCPAINT()

ON_WM_CREATE()

It hasnt worked. Need some help in custom drawing of the title bar.

Any help would be appreciated. If there is a sample project where similar thing is being done please share the link.

Thanks,

Rakesh

What I have tried:

I have tried handling

ON_WM_NCPAINT()

ON_WM_CREATE()

ON_WM_SIZE()

ON_WM_PAINT()

I didnt see the title bar change in any way. Probably I am not doing it rightly.

rptutor2012, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Change MDI Child Border via Registry?

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Change MDI Child Border via Registry?

1. Change MDI Child Border via Registry? - Similar Threads - Change MDI Child

2. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  3. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  4. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the size of a minimized MDI window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the size of a minimized MDI window: I'm facing an issue with in-app minimized windows, which are broken on my Windows 11 certainly by a software, but I don't know which one.... Those in-app minimized windows are much more narrower that it should be. Instead of having the minimized title bar containing title and...
  6. How to change the size of a minimized MDI window

How to change the size of a minimized MDI window: I'm facing an issue with in-app minimized windows, which are broken on my Windows 11 certainly by a software, but I don't know which one.... Those in-app minimized windows are much more narrower that it should be. Instead of having the minimized title bar containing title and...
  7. Change clock style via registry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change clock style via registry in Windows 10: I'm really curious if it is possible to make clock icon in taskbar to show only hours without turning on "Use small taskbar buttons" , i mean you can make it show seconds via registry so i guess it's actually probable to make date disappear, would be happy to find it out....
  8. Change clock style via registry in Windows 10

Change clock style via registry in Windows 10: I'm really curious if it is possible to make clock icon in taskbar to show only hours without turning on "Use small taskbar buttons" , i mean you can make it show seconds via registry so i guess it's actually probable to make date disappear, would be happy to find it out....
  9. Change clock style via registry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Disabling Keys via Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Keys via Registry: I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys. These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software. Thanks in advance :) 141760