Windows 10: Change Menus Back to the White-Colored Types

Discus and support Change Menus Back to the White-Colored Types in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At some point between 1507 anbd 1607 the context menus for stuff around the taskbar turned into this bulkier and darker scheme. I wouldnt mind except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blksith0, Mar 22, 2017.

1. blksith0 Win User

Change Menus Back to the White-Colored Types

At some point between 1507 anbd 1607 the context menus for stuff around the taskbar turned into this bulkier and darker scheme.
    I wouldnt mind except it loads slower for me. Know how to revert?

Image (Before):

Change Menus Back to the White-Colored Types [​IMG]

Image (After):

:)

blksith0, Mar 22, 2017

2. Display lost it's color

After update I lost all color on my screen using intel hd graphic card. I was in the process of typing and the color screen changed to black and white. How do I get the color back?

ClaudiaDisu, Mar 22, 2017
  3. LastRobyn Win User
    Cortana search bar color

after latest update, the color of the Cortana bar changed to white. can I change it back to a dark color?

LastRobyn, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The change happened when 1511 was released. 1507 was to some extent still 'work in progress' when released and styling themes were not used consistently across the board.

If speed is your concern and not aesthetics, then that can be improved on. Just turn off some or all unnecessary display animations and shadow effects.
    Change Visual Effects Settings in Windows 10

5. blksith0 Win User
    Every forum I ask this quesiton, I get the same response which can be summarized as:
    >We don't know how to go back to the old style
    >We assume by loads slower, you're referring to animations delaying you
    >So turn animations off. Which has little to do with the underlying question: How to revert?

Sadly these menus are just another example of how mobile-friendly for touchscreens this OS is becoming. All the UI is starting to feel like it was designed with tablets in mind first, desktops second.

blksith0, Mar 23, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Read carefully, especially the part about the updated .bat file:

[Tip] Disable Dark Modern Context Menu and Restore Classic Context Menu in Windows 10 Taskbar - AskVG

Also:

[Windows 10 Tip] Restore Classic Context Menu in Explorer and Desktop - AskVG

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Menus Back to the White-Colored Types - Similar Threads - Change Menus White

2. Change from black and white screen to colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from black and white screen to colors: I have vision problems while trying to get eyes in condition for surgery. I evidently changed something and my screen, even my colored photos and greeting cards, are all black and white. I have looked at color management and Theme change, but nothing I do seems to work....
  3. how do i change the back ground color back to white

how do i change the back ground color back to white: my background color changed it's self to a ugly pink how can I change it back to the original classic blue in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-back-ground-color-back-to/0d0d3806-d79b-4ee0-bc82-81ccffc0d2c0
  4. Colored menus - how?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Colored menus - how?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NZ9_001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsyal4/colored_menus_how/
  5. My laptop screen is changing into white color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen is changing into white color: screen becoming transperenr [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-is-changing-into-white-color/084de817-6c79-4996-800f-a0ed0007da3e
  6. back ground color change

back ground color change: how do I change the color of my background from black to white and the text to black. I accidently change bkgd. to black but unable to reverse the change. I have a new laptop which I have not had before. Please be specific thank you Stein *** Email address is removed...
  7. Taskbar Color is white-will not change

Taskbar Color is white-will not change: I connected my laptop to my parents wi-fi to help them put together a project. When I did that, my laptop theme changed and matched their computer background and my taskbar turned white. I am not sure how that happened but I was able to change the theme back. The taskbar...
  8. Black and white menus/taskbar

Black and white menus/taskbar: When I log in to my user, my taskbar and start menus have turned black and white; almost like safe mode, but safe mode isn't on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/black-and-white-menustaskbar/480b659c-9dd0-43a1-8e64-57b61423b216
  9. Change taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Change taskbar color to white in Windows 10: Before upgrading to Windows 10 (I had 8.1), my taskbar was a transparent white. When I upgraded, it was the default black color. For some reason, even if I change the color in Personalize, it stays gray. I want it to be white. How can I fix this? 11624
  10. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...