Windows 10: Change Microsoft account after reinstall

Discus and support Change Microsoft account after reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What would be the most logical procedure: I bought a new/used pc for my wife, validated the existing Win 10 as a legit and reinstall able to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shpongle_room23, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Change Microsoft account after reinstall

What would be the most logical procedure:

I bought a new/used pc for my wife, validated the existing Win 10 as a legit and reinstall able to that version, with Support Assistant OS Tool. I did the clean reinstall after signing into my MS account and "touching" MS.

Now my wife will create an MS account to take over the pc and remove my association with the pc. Win sign in screen is showing my name and email. Which procedure would be the most logical one to do that?

:)

shpongle_room23, Feb 15, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Change C:Users/***** Happy to reinstall windows

Hi,

If you want to change the account name in your file path, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Make a local account first with the name you want, then sign into a Microsoft account.
    • Open your C: Drive and then go to the Users folder. Check if you see the other account there.
    • Delete the account and then change your Local Account into your Microsoft account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft account after reinstall

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Change Microsoft account after reinstall

1. Change Microsoft account after reinstall - Similar Threads - Change Microsoft account

2. Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?: I have recently bought a laptop that came with Windows 11 Home Single Language pre-installed. It also came with free Office 2021 Home & Student that I have activated it with my Microsoft account. I also want to change the Windows' version to the regular Home version by...
  3. Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?: I have recently bought a laptop that came with Windows 11 Home Single Language pre-installed. It also came with free Office 2021 Home & Student that I have activated it with my Microsoft account. I also want to change the Windows' version to the regular Home version by...
  4. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?: I had to reinstall Win 10I have another PC with my Microsoft accountWill this have my product key? to share back to my reinstalled PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-my-microsoft-account-after-reinstall-how/8674c177-9d97-4209-85ff-2786b95392db
  5. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?: I had to reinstall Win 10I have another PC with my Microsoft accountWill this have my product key? to share back to my reinstalled PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-my-microsoft-account-after-reinstall-how/8674c177-9d97-4209-85ff-2786b95392db
  6. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Changing Microsoft accounts !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft accounts !: I have a friend who wants to give her Toshiba laptop to her sister because she dosen't use it anymore. Would it be best for her sister to do a "Clean install of Windows 10" and add her own account or is there a easier way ! I am virtually sure it will not be compatible for...
  8. reinstalling windows and a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling windows and a microsoft account: Will reinstalling windows do anything to my account like delete it? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-and-a-microsoft-account/2cbc3e65-c599-4c8b-8f0f-f8d42c0a61b8
  9. Microsoft account is broken after changing email

Microsoft account is broken after changing email: I first made my microsoft with an icloud email, a few months ago I changed my primary alias to a gmail account and deleted the icloud alias. I can no longer sign into microsoft apps like the store, xbox console companion, but i can still sign in on websites. I want to...
  10. After i changed my Microsoft account to another Microsoft account in user settings, changed...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After i changed my Microsoft account to another Microsoft account in user settings, changed...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shayanshady [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfh68g/after_i_changed_my_microsoft_account_to_another/