Windows 10: Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

Discus and support Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up my Microsoft Family Account. I am running into a problem that my kid's have set up their computers with accounts that are not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sara-BethStu, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

I'm trying to set up my Microsoft Family Account. I am running into a problem that my kid's have set up their computers with accounts that are not their own. One has my account set up under their user, and one has just used my phone number. They do have their own Microsoft accounts, so I want them to use those to sign in. I have read forums that tell me to delete all the user and re-enter them, but I feel like this would delete all of their data that they have saved on their user. Can you please let me know how to do this without deleting their data. They would be very upset at me if they

:)

Sara-BethStu, Dec 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Dec 15, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

1. Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Microsoft Account

2. Microsoft Account Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Change: I was able to change my Microsoft Account the one that has my serial numbers for Microsoft Office etc. from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on a different device that is not my Windows 10 system. The account I use...
  3. Microsoft Account Change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Change: I was able to change my Microsoft Account the one that has my serial numbers for Microsoft Office etc. from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on a different device that is not my Windows 10 system. The account I use...
  4. Changing a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Microsoft Account: Hi, I work part-time at a local golf course. Quickbooks changed their version and we had to upgrade. Because the Owner wasn't there, I used my Microsoft Credentials to do the upgrade. What do I do to get the account out of my name, yet let the employees and owner have access...
  5. Changing Microsoft accounts !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft accounts !: I have a friend who wants to give her Toshiba laptop to her sister because she dosen't use it anymore. Would it be best for her sister to do a "Clean install of Windows 10" and add her own account or is there a easier way ! I am virtually sure it will not be compatible for...
  6. Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I'm trying to set up my Microsoft Family Account. I am running into a problem that my kid's have set up their computers with accounts that are not their own. One has my account set up under their user, and one has just used my phone number. They do have their own Microsoft...
  7. Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I'm trying to set up my Microsoft Family Account. I am running into a problem that my kid's have set up their computers with accounts that are not their own. One has my account set up under their user, and one has just used my phone number. They do have their own Microsoft...
  8. Microsoft account Change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account Change: I changed my Microsoft Live mail to outlook now I cant sync my one drive and Solitary game when I try to sign into the accounts it keeps going back to the live account which I deleted How can I sync these two accounts ? 163128
  9. Change Microsoft User account in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Microsoft User account in Windows 10: email name beginning with my.....@outlook.com is displayed on on a new computer that I am trying to set up my old computer died and the only email address I have been using is the Hotmail address and the computerpicked up the outlook.com and won't accept the hotmail.com that...
  10. Win 10 change Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 change Microsoft account: Hi is it possible to change the Windows 10 Microsoft account to a new one? During upgrade from Windows 7 the requested Microsoft account was not created correctly. The filled in MS account does NOT exists! Account could not verified. I created an alias account for the...