Windows 10: Change Microsoft Admin Account

Discus and support Change Microsoft Admin Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaBuHlXcUrLyQ22, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Change Microsoft Admin Account

I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to my family laptop with my old or new account.

Please help!!! My mother needs to be the admin now since I no longer use that laptop or live there.

:)

DaBuHlXcUrLyQ22, Jun 27, 2020
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Change Microsoft Admin Account

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Change Microsoft Admin Account

1. Change Microsoft Admin Account - Similar Threads - Change Microsoft Admin

2. Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed: In the span on 10 minutes I got a verification code sent to me, was alerted of a suspicious sign on, and lost control of my microsoft account. I'm still signed into the account on my pc and can access my things, but I can't sign into my account any time it asks me for my...
  3. Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account hacked and admin email address changed: In the span on 10 minutes I got a verification code sent to me, was alerted of a suspicious sign on, and lost control of my microsoft account. I'm still signed into the account on my pc and can access my things, but I can't sign into my account any time it asks me for my...
  4. Is there any way to change the Microsoft account assosciated with the admin account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to change the Microsoft account assosciated with the admin account on...: Whilst setting up my father's computer, I made a mistake and connected the wrong Microsoft Account. I now want to connect his Microsoft account, without needing to make a new User or changing the settings. Is that possible or will I need to make a new user and back-up the...
  5. Is there any way to change the Microsoft account assosciated with the admin account on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to change the Microsoft account assosciated with the admin account on...: Whilst setting up my father's computer, I made a mistake and connected the wrong Microsoft Account. I now want to connect his Microsoft account, without needing to make a new User or changing the settings. Is that possible or will I need to make a new user and back-up the...
  6. Is there any way to change the Microsoft account assosciated with the admin account on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  8. Microsoft admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft admin account: Recently i bought this laptop dell g3 15. And when i made a new microsoft account, The administrator was gone for no reason. Can someone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-admin-account/9a8eb415-4cb4-43a8-a284-e29650540ee8
  9. changing admin while the admin account is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing admin while the admin account is locked: need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account...
  10. microsoft account and admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft account and admin account: hello, my administrative account is synced with with my microsoft account. but i cannot get logged in though i have tried resetting my password. whwenever i try to log in at the startup windows it says the password is in correct even after i have just reset my password....