Windows 10: Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?

Discus and support Change Min Pin Length for Logging in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I was a fool and installed MS Teams on my home machine and linked it to my work account. I had reasons for this, but let's not dwell on my being a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Waitin4Godot, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?

So, I was a fool and installed MS Teams on my home machine and linked it to my work account. I had reasons for this, but let's not dwell on my being a fool. By linking to my work account, it updated the min pin length for logging in.

I've removed Teams and gone to 'Access Work or School' and removed the link to my work, but the longer pin length is still required.

In some googling, it looks like there should be a link to change pin length when updating the pin, but I don't see this option. Is there a way to make the pin shorter or I'm not stuck with a longer pin requirement?

submitted by /u/Waitin4Godot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Waitin4Godot, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Tom Heine Win User

Pin length maximum to low

I've found a solution.

A Windows-update my changed the default policy about maximum PIN-Length.

It can be fixed by applying a defined rule inside the Local Group Policy Editor.

Step by Step:

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\PIN Complexity

3. Change Maximum PIN Length to disabledThis solution worked in my case I hope it could help someone else as well.

Tom Heine, Nov 12, 2020
  3. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?

1. Change Min Pin Length for Logging in? - Similar Threads - Change Min Pin

2. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  3. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  4. Change from PIN to password to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  5. Change from PIN to password to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change from PIN to password to log in: Forgive me if this has already been asked. I recently fell for the "sign in with a PIN" to log in to Windows. I now feel that this has WEAKENED my security by allowing a 1 in 9999 chance of accessing my system, whereas my previous 20+ character alpha-numeric and Case...
  6. problems changing log in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems changing log in PIN: How do I change the PIN I use to log-in to my computer? I know that I'm supposed to go to the sign-in options and change it under the "Windows Hello Pin" but it says that the option is unavailable and it asks me to log in to a school or work Microsoft account it doesn't...
  7. Changing PIN without being logged in.

Changing PIN without being logged in.: I'm having trouble logging in to my Microsoft account because I don't remember my pin. When I click on 'forgot my pin', it tells me to change the pin using the settings on the account. However, I am not logged in so I can't. The account I am trying to login to is my second...
  8. Changing pin for Microsoft account and or log in to computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing pin for Microsoft account and or log in to computer: When I got my laptop it allowed me to set a lock on my opening screen with a PIN number. Now I want to change my PIN to unlock the screen and I can find no way to do it. It is the same as when I log into my Microsoft account online. I use Windows 10 on an HP computer....
  9. How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Log In (PIN) Screen: Every where I look I get info on how to change the LOCK screen but I don't want to do that, I want to change the LOG IN (Enter PIN) screen; they're totally different....
  10. Pin length maximum to low

Pin length maximum to low: Today I'd recognised my pin wasn't working, no I've tried to reset the pin (successfully), but Windows allows me only to use an 18 Digit PIN. I can't work with this. And I need a PIN based on the rule that a PIN is required to have when using a fingerprint. Is there any way...