Windows 10: Change Monitor to Touchscreen

Discus and support Change Monitor to Touchscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using a Dell XPS Desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. I am using a 24-inch Dell monitor that I bought with the computer. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abredt, Jun 3, 2019.

1. abredt Win User

Change Monitor to Touchscreen

I am using a Dell XPS Desktop computer running Windows 10 Home.
    I am using a 24-inch Dell monitor that I bought with the computer.

I would like to replace it with a touchscreen monitor to use instead.
    (I am loving the touchscreen monitor on my laptop.)

Do I just connect it and change some settings or is it more complicated?
    All advice appreciated.
    cb

:)

abredt, Jun 3, 2019
  2. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Crivens Win User
    Touchscreen as second monitor

I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, and uses HDMI for an external monitor, plus a mini displayport for another external monitor (neither external monitor is a touchscreen). I use the external monitors for my main work, so have the primary display on one of these, and not the laptop screen. I also, in Win8.1, set the touch and tablet settings so that the touchscreen was identified as the laptop screen. Before the tablet setting was changed then using the laptop touchscreen effected the external monitor setup as the primary screen. Once the tablet setting was changed then it all worked brilliantly, with some small issues with screen resolution (3840x2160 laptop screen vs 1920x1080 external monitors).

Now I have updated to Win10, then I think most of the small screen resolution issues have gone (some new ones seem to have appeared, but I'm sure they will iron out over the next few months), but it has reverted to the touchscreen only being for the primary display. So I touch the laptop screen, and it effects the external monitor set as primary display.

Annoyingly I can't find the tablet setting that allowed you to state which display should be effected by the touchscreen. As Win10 is very new then I can't find documentation on how to change this.

Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 10?

Cheers

Crivens, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Change Monitor to Touchscreen

touchscreen no longer works

I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?

samuelward, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Change Monitor to Touchscreen

1. Change Monitor to Touchscreen - Similar Threads - Change Monitor Touchscreen

2. Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen: I have a custom-built PC with a 32" 4k Monitor. I have a 16" secondary touchscreen monitor. Everything works fine but what I'm trying to do is lock the touchscreen to the secondary monitor.I do a lot of work on my computer where sometimes things are hard to read, and I need...
  3. Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen: I have a custom-built PC with a 32" 4k Monitor. I have a 16" secondary touchscreen monitor. Everything works fine but what I'm trying to do is lock the touchscreen to the secondary monitor.I do a lot of work on my computer where sometimes things are hard to read, and I need...
  4. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  5. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  6. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Change Monitor to Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor to Touchscreen: I am using a Dell XPS Desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. I am using a 24-inch Dell monitor that I bought with the computer. I would like to replace it with a touchscreen monitor to use instead. (I am loving the touchscreen monitor on my laptop.) Do I just connect it...
  8. Touchscreen monitor won't reconnect at startup

Touchscreen monitor won't reconnect at startup: Finally decided to try out the touchscreen thing with a second-hand LG 23ET83V-W. It works great when connected, but every time I restart, I have to unplug & plug back in the USB cable to get touch working again. Any idea how to get it to reconnect automatically at startup?...
  9. Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

Secondary Monitor Touchscreen: Hello, I have a theater room with a projector as my main display. I have recently bought an old Mimo UM-740 7" touchscreen. I have it working as a secondary display, problem is, the touch screen is moving the mouse on the main display. Is there a way to have just the...
  10. Touchscreen as second monitor

Touchscreen as second monitor: I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, and uses HDMI for an external monitor, plus a mini displayport for another external monitor (neither external monitor is a touchscreen). I use the external monitors for my main work, so have the primary display on one of these, and not...