Windows 10: Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows

Discus and support Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ShellBagsView is a long-standing portable application by Nirsoft for Microsoft Windows devices to check and modify the view mode of folders in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 26, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows

ShellBagsView is a long-standing portable application by Nirsoft for Microsoft Windows devices to check and modify the view mode of folders in Explorer. We mentioned ShellBagView twice here on Ghacks, first in 2008 when it was first released and then again in 2009.

Windows Explorer and File Explorer support different view modes for folders. You may display files as thumbnails, as lists, detailed, and using other presets. The information is saved to the Registry and preserved by Windows. A common issue that users may run into is that there is a threshold in regards to custom folder view modes and that view modes may be reset when the threshold is reached.

Tip: find out how to set a default folder type (General, Pictures, Documents, Music, Video) to avoid slow-downs.

The latest version of the portable program comes with a new feature to set the view mode of multiple folders in one swift operation.

Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows shellbagsview-multiple-folders.png

ShellBagsView is a portable application for Windows that you can run from anywhere. Just download the program and extract its archive to the system.

It lists folders on the system; each with its name, view mode, dates, and more if available. Note that the application only includes folders with saved folder settings and not all folders on the device.

You may now right-click on any folder to change the view mode of that folder, or use File > Set Mode to change the view mode for a selection (which can be multiple folders or even all of them).

The program is ideal when it comes to modifying the view mode of folders on Windows to make corrections; the new batch processing option allows you to set a view mode for all or a selection of folders.

ShellBagsView 1.25 comes with a handful of other new options. It has a new icon size column and a new Registry editing option (with or without elevation). Pressing F5 to refresh the selection should now also be much smoother than in previous versions of the application.

Closing Words

ShellBagsView is one of those small handy programs by Nirsoft that you may want to have at your disposal. While it may not be needed regularly, you may find it useful to make batch changes to the folder view mode on your devices. The program supports remote access as well which means that you may use it to change modes on remote devices.

Now You: What is your preferred folder view mode and why? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Change multiple Explorer folder View modes with latest ShellBagsView for Windows - Similar Threads - Change multiple Explorer

2. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  3. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  4. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  5. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  6. File Explorer folder view changed after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer folder view changed after update: Following this month's Windows update, the folder view in File Explorer has changed, and I can't work out how to change it back to normal. Here's a screen shot of what I see now: [ATTACH] The extra column for number of items is a waste of space. How do I make it go away?...
  7. File Explorer Displaying Different View Mode for the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Different View Mode for the Same Folder: Hi I have been moving the Users directory from the C drive (SystemDrive) to another drive for several years now ever since Windows 7. I initially discovered a Windows 7 tutorial that involved changing a Registry entry to move the `ProfilesDirectory` on an existing Windows...
  8. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  9. Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .

Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .: [ATTACH] Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view . The desktop is on the very top, and there is a desktop under it, which includes "this PC" and then there is another desktop in thi directory. This is very confusing. How to fix the...
  10. Changing Built-In Folder View Templates For Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Built-In Folder View Templates For Windows Explorer: Hi everyone, In short, Windows 10 Anniversary has some nasty Windows Explorer (aka Windows File Explorer) habits which didn't exist in previous versions, so I'm trying to find a way to work around them until Microsoft gets off its behind and fixes them. The specific...