Windows 10: Change Multiple File Permissions

Discus and support Change Multiple File Permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to delete a folder on my external hard drive and there are about 300 sub folders in the one folder. I want to change the permission of ALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mitchell Whitmyer, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Change Multiple File Permissions

I am trying to delete a folder on my external hard drive and there are about 300 sub folders in the one folder. I want to change the permission of ALL of the folders so I can delete them all at once but it is only letting me change one folder permission at a time. When I attempt to change permission of all subfolders and files I receive this error.

Change Multiple File Permissions e3a23fd8-729b-4429-a9df-fdfc7fdcaecd?upload=true.png

Change Multiple File Permissions e8212f12-67b8-4a65-b4cb-32c7c72c5c93?upload=true.png

:)

Mitchell Whitmyer, Oct 9, 2019
  2. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Oct 9, 2019
  3. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Change Multiple File Permissions

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Change Multiple File Permissions

1. Change Multiple File Permissions - Similar Threads - Change Multiple File

2. How to change security permissions on multiple photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change security permissions on multiple photos?: I recently came across an old laptop of mine from many years ago, and I'm trying to access the photos. I have read previous answers which have helped me to access the folders by changing the security settings to "everyone" and allowing all permissions. While this has worked...
  3. How to change security permissions on multiple photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change security permissions on multiple photos?: I recently came across an old laptop of mine from many years ago, and I'm trying to access the photos. I have read previous answers which have helped me to access the folders by changing the security settings to "everyone" and allowing all permissions. While this has worked...
  4. Change permissions for mutiple document files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change permissions for mutiple document files: Dear all!!My Win 10 Laptop has just been assaulted by a ransomware virus that encrypted all my files to the filename extension ".WNCRY.aawt", all but the document files .doc .txt. docx.Of the latter, I can only access their content if I change the file permissions, which have...
  5. Change permission for multiple files at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change permission for multiple files at once: Currently I have a folder for Google Drive with all my cloud files downloaded to it. Google Drive, however, always reverts my custom icons to the default ones for some reason. The solution I found was to give all desktop.ini files inside the folders read permission only, that...
  6. Change permission for multiple files at once

Change permission for multiple files at once: Currently I have a folder for Google Drive with all my cloud files downloaded to it. Google Drive, however, always reverts my custom icons to the default ones for some reason. The solution I found was to give all desktop.ini files inside the folders read permission only, that...
  7. Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue: [IMG]I recently tried deleting two folder duplicates and found out that I needed permission to delete these folders from TrustedInstaller. I searched up ways to do so, but i got stuck when I encountered the window that mentions ‘Object Name’ and such. I was confused on what...
  8. No permission to change hosts file ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No permission to change hosts file ?: I have changed from W7 to W10 but find that although I am logged in as the administrator, I am unable to save any changes to my hosts file and get the message that I don't have accees/permission and should contact the administrator. Can anyone advise me as to what's going on...
  9. Is there is any program that let me change to multiple permissions

Is there is any program that let me change to multiple permissions: You are about to read some bad English and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker. Good evening guys, So my question is as the title says Is there is any program that let me change my folder/program or anything else to multiple permissions instead...
  10. Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg'

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg': Hi, How can I change multiple file of '.file' to '.jpg'. The icon that I get currently is a white icon and I want to be able to see the photos. Thank in advance *Smile 34312

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change file permissions on multiple files at same time