Windows 10: Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse

Discus and support Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently took a bunch of music off an old iPod. All of the correct information is in the files Track name, Artist, Album but all the file names are a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nick......., Oct 16, 2020.

1. Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse

I recently took a bunch of music off an old iPod. All of the correct information is in the files Track name, Artist, Album but all the file names are a random array of letters. Is there a way to change all the file names to the Title on each file quickly? I have over 40 GB of music and won't be doing it all manually.

:)

Nick......., Oct 16, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Oct 16, 2020
  4. AriT---01 Win User

Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse

Music player requires title attribute for song name?

Hi, I just transferred a set of music to my yellow Lumia 920. Some of the song names do not show up in Lumia music player, and i found the reason : for some of the files, the music file uses the attribute "title". For those files, the song name works (it's
    that "title"). But for some files, the title attribute is empty and there is just file name. For those, the song name does not show up (that is : Lumia does not use the file name as song name, but it requires the "title" attribute).

Now my question : what would be the easiest way to overcome this. Either how to tell Lumia to use file name is title field is missing, or how to fast copy the file name to title field? Or something else.

(I did not use Zune for file transmission but transerred the files by copy&paste method. I've got an old XP computer that do not quite understand modern devices like Lumia...;-)

Thanks!

Ari

AriT---01, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse

1. Change Music File Names to Title Names en masse - Similar Threads - Change Music File

2. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  3. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  4. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Re-named Music Files

Re-named Music Files: Up until this afternoon, my Music Files only had the artist & song title in Alphabetical order but after trying to stop Windows Office from opening Word & Excel Files, as I have purchased Office 365, I deleted Windows Office which I believe had an affect on then, not being...
  6. Re-named Music Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-named Music Files: Up until this afternoon, my Music Files only had the artist & song title in Alphabetical order but after trying to stop Windows Office from opening Word & Excel Files, as I have purchased Office 365, I deleted Windows Office which I believe had an affect on then, not being...
  7. Re-named Music Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File name change

File name change: I noticed my main User Name is now ; jax20 and my Desktop is ; DESKTOP-BQCHIOD none of MY file are in MY NAME, everything is under this jax20, I was forced to create an email for this file !!! the SYSTEM IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING NOW ! blocking me from me from...
  9. File Names changed

File Names changed: Dear Sir, While I was doing my day to day work on my PC, the entire file names of certain folder changed into one name. This caused severe difficulties for me to continue my work further. This happened second time in a week. Kindly give me a solution to avoid this...
  10. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....